Worst of Cozumel.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

not so much a divestory, but my last cruise there was awesome for me, not others.

2 people had a tire go flat, and they wrecked. had to have the cruise ship come get them from the hospital. not so good.

the other scooter rental had the tire actually fall off.... They did not make it out of the hospital. a lot of broken bones on that one

I thought renting scooters was the #1 Don't do this in Cozumel.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yes, but they say that about EVERY port of call. My wife and I rented a scooter while we were there for a week. We had a great time exploring with it. Found out that a lot of locals don't know how to read a map when I was looking for a specific address!

Can't really contribute more to this thread because I have never had any problems out of 4 or 5 trips to Coz. My dives with Alison last week were awesome!

A real worst for us was the food at the Occidental back in NewYrs 08-09, blech. Escaped to town and had some awesome meals at Prima and years later stayed in El Cantil this March.

That bring said, the Aldora villas look MUCH better.

Prima was much better in 08, it's tired, and no Italian wines on the menu ??? Wahaaaaat?

Prima was much better in 08, it's tired

It's closed. Been made into condos. Supposed to open their new location in the fall.

It's closed. Been made into condos. Supposed to open their new location in the fall.

It defiantly needed an overhaul, I guess condo's make more $. On our last day we opted for their breakfast and were disappointed. The cinnamon buns were the only highlight. Our 2 dinner meals were decent. Guido's was 10X better.

It defiantly needed an overhaul, I guess condo's make more $. On our last day we opted for their breakfast and were disappointed. The cinnamon buns were the only highlight. Our 2 dinner meals were decent. Guido's was 10X better.

I gotta say last we were in breakfast was great. Esp the buns.... They had a Lobster Eggs Benedict that was tremendous according to reports.

DSCF1568.jpgDSCF1569.jpgDSCF0442.jpgDSCF0441.jpg

Mikeycanuk said:
I thought renting scooters was the #1 Don't do this in Cozumel.
I still think it is...... Accidents happen, bald tires, lack of experience, oh and throw in some margs....... :wink:

Right across from El Cantil!

While I don't have a pic, the best accident pic would have been the taxi who ditched himself in St Lucia on New Year's Day. If you've seen those ditches on the steep hillsides in the more volcanic Caribbean islands you know how deep those concrete ditches are on the steeeep hillsides. His car was on a 45 degree angle 3' deep wedged in the ditch.

Long thread so I didn't read it all.

I've been to Coz only twice. Had my credit card number stolen both times. Next time I'm using cash only.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom