Worst food

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This sounds so awful....but I have come to distaste (some) of my own mothers cooking....

I dunno - but some of the stuff she makes is just so...bland.

My guy and I cringe when we come over for dinner sometimes, as it's crazy weird vegetarian stuff (and we're both vegetarian!)

I dunno...she makes great scones, but we practically have to feign illness in order to get out of a home cooked meal at my parents house..

How awful is that????

yeah, i have to say, opiniongirl, I always like your posts, but gosh, I don't know how vegetarians can eat some of the stuff they have out there. Its not even so much that its a "normal" food without meat, its the faux meats. I think a faux meat is x10's worse than any meat or meat biproduct. And my little offtopic rant, Why is it that you can find these fake meat soy things in natural foods stores, what is so natural about an artificially flavored/colored vegi product made into the form of hotdog, corndog, chicken nugget, turkey etc.

American cooked breakfasts (supposedly english cooked breakfasts) at a lodge in west virginia, bacon and sausages jim but not as we know it. urrrrggghhhhh

Iruka:
Don't worry, there's good food in Fiji! Lots of Indian food if you like that, pizza, Chinese food, seafood, etc. Generally you "tourists" won't be eating the same things that I was eating living in a village for 3 1/2 years. Even there, boiled bat & cow jaw stew were not typical items on the menu. I haven't been back in about 10 years, but I'd guess they have more American types of food now....but I usually like to try the local stuff when I'm away from home...you can always eat at McDonald's or KFC when you get back.

The best of the best was "Jakes Lovo Caravan", down by the waterfront in Suva. He just made awesome palusami.

Honestly - I'm not making this up. It's in "Recipes for a Small Planet".

My partner and I were poor college students, trying to make a living as a summer day camp counselor (partner) and a night-shift Dairy worker (me - yes, we milked 300 head at midnight). We had absolutely no money, and when we perused the pantry, the only recipe we found for which we had the ingredients was Pineapple Chickpea Loaf. Given the book it came from, it probably met all nutritional requirements for the average human and was oh-so politically correct, but it required a whole lot of Italian Dressing to slide down the gullet. Thankfully, we had that too.

Yuck.

Scuba-sass :)

liver i would say for me especially the smell when its cooking

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom