Worst dive trip ever!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Like the rest I was not on the charter and this may be a totally accurate thread but I would like to point out a several things.
First, the poster has chosen not to post anything on this board except this. IMO,this gives him little "board cred" so readers should take that into consideration before putting a lot of credibility in this thread, there are allways 2 sides of a story. According to the dive op (who is an active member of another board and has a good bit of "board cred" there), there were 5 others on this trip, all of which returned the next day, they apparently had a better time.
NC diving is not for everyone, rough seas and long boat rides are the norm for us and we expect our divers to be experienced and self sufficient. Anyone expecting Caribbean style diving- glass slick water and hand holding DM's should reconsider diving in NC.

The dive op should respond to this and give there version of what went wrong(if anything)

Packman, while I agree for the most part with the things you said, I will ask where you got the information about the boat being a 6 pack. Perhps I missed it or perhaps you just know the operation and know that is all they have. The rest of the readers would likely benefit from knowing this (I hope I did not read over it and miss it :D).

And, I agree wholly with Herman that because the OP has only ever posted this and nothing else, they lack some board credibility. However they very well could be a genuine poster with a genuine problem.

To the OP, while we await the arrival of the Operator which you speak of, perhaps you could share with us the message sent to the Coast Guard and any replies which you received from them. I am sure everybody is interested in seeing their reaction because we all face the possibilitiy that someday we will end up on a charter like this.

For now, I look forward to the input from the actual operator.

The dive op should respond to this and give there version of what went wrong(if anything)

And start a pissing match? I think the Capt. is being the bigger man here by not joining in on this guys childish rant. As pointed out, the OP made his post & has fallen off the map. He simply went to every diving site he could find & copy & pasted his temper tantrum. This isn't the way resolve the issue(s) at hand. This thread has marginal credibility at best.

steve, he's been on it...

Someone needs a WAHmbulance. . .

Packman, while I agree for the most part with the things you said, I will ask where you got the information about the boat being a 6 pack. Perhps I missed it or perhaps you just know the operation and know that is all they have. The rest of the readers would likely benefit from knowing this (I hope I did not read over it and miss it :D).

I've been on the boat. However, I knew what the boat looked like and how it was laid out before I got onboard as Spearit has a website with a description and pictures of the boat. Even if the OP hadn't bothered to look into what kind of boat he was getting on, he should have been clued in when 6 of them filled the boat.

Should the dive op also have to go to every other board the OP felt like posting this on? Here, DEco Stop, Rebreather World, etc?

The boat captain here is also the owner. He's also the receptionist as the operation is just him and his divemaster. Time spent on the internet is time taken away from running his boat and/or business. As El Orans wrote, the op is aware this. I'm quite certain that, if he felt the criticism were worthwhile, he would be on here explaining things.

I really like how the OP posts this big long list of things that went wrong, and signs it "Signed Dive Master"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom