World's First Artificial Gills Re-breather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scam implies malice. This may simply be stupidity.

I can believe that this BS goes on appearing here.

So what do you call a scheme that takes money from people for a product that does not and cannot exist?

I am not going to say it CANNOT exist. I will say it is highly unlikely. We are surrounded by technology that could not exist, until it did. I don't see that the Triton violates any fundamental physics...but it sure violates what we know how to do today. I am all for innovation, but not by these three guys who are living a fantasy. They appear to be of the generation where anybody is entitled to do anything with the expectation they will succeed (and get a trophy)....you cannot fail is the mantra. They are about to experience reality.

No, they are claiming that they have a working prototype, which either does (miracle) or does not (malice, scam) exist.

Just based on the human tidal volume alone, I can't imagine how something like that could even theoretically work to produce enough gas for a single breath, let alone supply O2 requirements...

To get around the gas generation problem, you could have some sort of ECMO machine hooked up to the gil, but that would require a couple of big cannulas inserted in your femoral artery and vein before every dive. Wow, and I thought that rebreathers seemed like a lot of work!

I am not going to say it CANNOT exist.

I can, without any hesitation whatsoever. This thing cannot exist.

This whole thing is a scam and fraud as presented.

I find it telling that the the video of the device in use is edited so that every single shot is shorter than I can easily breath hold. - And I'm not a free diver...

Just awful if this was a scam, 120k raised(stolen).

Oh well "a suckers born every minute."

Back
Top Bottom