World diving book

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wondered if the dives included would be of my choice or just wherever is closest/easiest, which might not be the best, I duno?

I loves ya' dearly Lims, but with "0>24 dives" (your profile) and you're already dragging a camera along, for most people that is serious task loading whether they understand it's happening or not.

We here in the Colonies view and access the Caribbean much as you Royal Subjects have worn a path to the Red Sea. To us, it is one of the Holy Grails of diving... to you it's the back yard. Man- do they ever have some excellent books, replete with detailed fold outs of dive sites.

Your last paragraph says a lot. Just go and get onto a day boat that has divers and not snorkelers. Look at the Red Sea College of Diving or Camel Dive for starters. Red Sea is all about wrecks, the diving is "medium deep" (20~30 m), and if you want Sharks, they are out there in the blue.

For now, "shop" the itineraries of the various boats a little, but don't get overly concerned or disappointed. Any, every and all dive boats everywhere will indeed take you where they were going to take you. All will plan their trips based upon popularity, ease of access, and the weather. I mention the ops above because they know the value of loading up and leaving very, very early to get a spot at the most interesting sites. Luckily, as the Egyptians tend to leave every light on 24/7, fuel doesn't seem to be a huge factor in dive site choices, much as it is elsewhere in the Blue Planet.

It is a bit impolite, but the words make sense: Shut up and dive. :wink:

just been looking at palau, looks great, big fish and rays mainly between august and december, thats when I'd go, do you live there/work there?

Hello, I want a book that tells me about all the best diving spots/countries in the world.
I dont just want nice pictures, need lots of info and details on diving the various locations, just finishing my advanced now, any recomendations appreciated,, cheers

sam

I think you're reading it right now.........pretty cheap isn't it....

shut up and dive is a fair enough statement, but I don't think my lack of dives need put me off taking a camera down with me, I've taken a lot of photos snorkeling, some diving. At the end of the day having the camera with me makes little difference as long as I'm not stupid. Its just there if I get a moment for a photo, my aim on dives is to be so proficient and concentrated that this vigilance allows me a window of safe freedom to take pictures, but this freedom is a result of vigilance on the safety side. Recently I've been diving the north sea which is challenging and I left the camera at home.

Back
Top Bottom