World Cup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

StephenC

Registered
Reaction score
Will be in Cozumel late June, any ideas of the best places to watch the football? Thanks!
Sent from my RM-877_nam_canada_234 using Tapatalk

Kelly's comes to mind... not sure what the (former) French Quarter is up to. This is also a great time to venture into local cantinas w/ TVs. They are usually packed full of exuberant fans with the beer and botanas (free snacks) flowing at game time. I admit I'm fuzzy on the finer points of soccer (ok - football) but can totally get with the fun when others are having it. GOAAAALLL!

Playa Azul Beach Club even had their restaurant TV tuned to the games last time... to the point where the salsa band and dancing was delayed till game over.

Some local cantinas to consider. I have not vetted all for TVs but do know El Fish and La Yucatequita have them.

• El Fish on the corner of 8 North and 10
  • Fisherman's Coop on 5 near the cemetery
  • El Pioline on the corner of 3 South and 15
  • Las Boyas just up the block on 3 from El Pioline
  • El Gato Negro on 6 North near 20th.
  • Recuerdo is on the corner of 45 (or so) and Juarez, north side of the street.
  • La Yucatequita. On 10, about 2 blocks north of Chedraui on the east side of the street. Look for a short palapa overhang.
  • Las Tortugas - (the one owned by Adrian's brother) is on 30th close to 21.
  • El Cozumeleño - on 25th... directly behind the Aki Market on 30th & Juarez. There are 2 rooms = one for the men so they can be rowdy together and one for "families" i.e. the ladies or mixed company. I believe the TV is in the room for men.
  • Chendos on 40 or 45 (cross street?)
  • La Jungla on 50th (cross street?)

Thanks ccannon, I think we'll take your advice and try one of the local cantinas for the experience. We'll miss Mexico versus Brazil unfortunately.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom