World Cup winners ??

who will lift the World Cup in July ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jamdiver:
If you get the chance though and have Fox Soccer Channel, notice the difference in cadence, rhythm and choice of terms used by the commentators for the English Premier League and compare it to ESPN on the MLS..

There IS no comparison... :shakehead

bennedc:
I can wait. Although that headbutt was pretty entertaining. All is fair in love, and war, and world cup soccer.

that headbut was the stupidest thing anyone has ever done in a World Cup final...

France's captain getting kicked out like that ... with penalty kicks looming ... at which
he is very good ... ack...

H2Andy:
that headbut was the stupidest thing anyone has ever done in a World Cup final...

France's captain getting kicked out like that ... with penalty kicks looming ... at which
It's okay, Andy. Don't take it personally...he wasn't mad at you and you weren't there to stop him...lol.

ESPN was saying tonight that there were some lip readers who think they know what the guy said to him. Did you hear about that?

ScubaTexan:
There IS no comparison... :shakehead

Let's not even get into the seeming obsession with statistics!

Football/soccer is not a game that can be analyzed and understood solely by the use of statistics........

Hehe, always funny listening to them trying equate and convert football to 'american football' especially when it comes to plays or yards....

bennedc:
ESPN was saying tonight that there were some lip readers who think they know what the guy said to him. Did you hear about that?

nope, didn't hear that. the two rumours i've heared are:

-- he made fun of Zidane's dying mother
-- he called Zidane a terrorist

whatever he said, words are just words ... no reason for the captain of a team
playing a world cup final to act like that

H2Andy:

Which although I didn't watch it apparently meant nothing. One of the other French players also missed (Trézéguet) while the Italians didn't.
Actually what's going to be more interesting now is how many of the Italian squad will have to either leave their clubs or play in a lower division due to all the cheating and match fixing in the Italian league.

I'll take Martin Tyler and Andy Gray over whoever and Eric Wynalda anyday...

Kim:
Which although I didn't watch it apparently meant nothing.

really?

what if Zidane had been in and made his kick? that means that both teams
would have gone into the final kick tied... Zidane is a very good penalty kicker,
probalby the best the French had

and under pressure, who knows what might have happened?

Hind sight 20/20

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom