World Cup winners ??

who will lift the World Cup in July ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zidane is a perplexing individual. Most usually a hot-tempered player exhibits the same characteristics in his game (e.g. Gazza or Cantona) but Zidane is so cool and collected we make a big deal when he loses it and he has indeed completely lost it on occassion.

The question remains: what could any defender possibly tell you to make you disregard that this is the last game of your career for your national team with the world literally watching and the game still undecided and your team counting on you and cause you to do THAT? Phrased like that, it's totally perplexing isn't it?

well put theatis..

Maybe one day 40-50 yrs from now when Materazzi is on his death bed, he'll whisper in his last breaths what he said to Zizou on that fateful day in Berlin...

And today Zidane wins the Golden Ball trophy....well it was great to see him play so well in the last few games, sad to see it end like it did.

The english press are all saying that Materazzi allegedly made a comment about Zizou's mother, who happens to be rather ill in hospital at the moment...

Freds :coffee:

Sky Sports News reported that Materazzi called Zidane a "dirty terrorist"

Yeah, I think that would piss me off, too. I just don't know that it would be to the extent that I would headbutt someone in the chest...

Hey guys,

I just wanted to say cheers and thanks for all the fun in this thread during the Cup. Even though i didn't catch it early enough to actually take part in the competition it was still a lot of fun to share this collective experience.

I'm leaving in the morning for Cyprus. A month of diving awaits! The RIBs are ready and waiting!

man, thetis... have fun ... hope you don't mind me cursing at you in envy

:wink:

theatis:
Hey guys,

I just wanted to say cheers and thanks for all the fun in this thread during the Cup. Even though i didn't catch it early enough to actually take part in the competition it was still a lot of fun to share this collective experience.

I'm leaving in the morning for Cyprus. A month of diving awaits! The RIBs are ready and waiting!

Thanks for chiming in with us, theatis, and have a lot of fun diving (yes, I'm jealous, too). Remember, Euro 2008 qualifying and the new league seasons begin before long, so I would imagine we'll have other threads on football in the next few weeks. Ciao!

Ciao theatis and be sure to show us some of the pics from Cyprus!

Have always wondered about diving in Cyprus, I hear that they've just opened up a lot of the island for diving or am I thinking of Greece?

As for Zizou this is all still a mystery for me, I can't think what would have been so offensive for him to react this way and severely impact France's chances of winning the game..

Perhaps the fact that he's done it all, won it all, played a factor in his actions..

pakman:
Oh I couldn't resist changing my avatar..

ole! Wonder if Zidane just went mad and thought for a second he was a bull running in Pamplona...

_41867280_zizou203x270.jpg

I'll tell you what he really gave it to Materrazi, I don't think he knew it was coming...
:lol::lol::lol:

Back
Top Bottom