World Cup winners ??

who will lift the World Cup in July ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have to say the same as theatis. This has been a blast, even for a board that is about SCUBA. Given the diverse backgrounds and locations of the people who participated in this thread it was very interesting to read, and at times post. A few "buttons" were pressed, but the discussion was civil. Can't say the same about some other threads, but this just shows the type of folks who are fans of the beautiful game.

Short six-eight month break and it all starts again. Then again, for those of you who are lucky enough to live in or cheer for the higher ranked teams, your wait will be a bit longer until the real chaff is separated in the initial qualifying phases.

I do hope that FIFA takes a close look at a couple of things, specifically the amount of "diving" that continues to plague the sport, the really crappy level of officiating at the final tournament, and what really happened in the final that led to the red card. This is not an isolated case from what I have experienced as a player, coach, and fan, but something that really needs to be addressed in the interest of sportsmanship.

I wonder how Materazzi's breathing is today? Painful, I would imagine...

theatis:
Zidane is a perplexing individual. Most usually a hot-tempered player exhibits the same characteristics in his game (e.g. Gazza or Cantona) but Zidane is so cool and collected we make a big deal when he loses it and he has indeed completely lost it on occassion.

The question remains: what could any defender possibly tell you to make you disregard that this is the last game of your career for your national team with the world literally watching and the game still undecided and your team counting on you and cause you to do THAT? Phrased like that, it's totally perplexing isn't it?
Maybe the other guy asked for some head :D

MoonWrasse:
Maybe the other guy asked for some head :D

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

do you guys watch the same football i watch?

:wink:

H2Andy:
do you guys watch the same football i watch?

:lol::lol:

I get the 'International' feed...

But in all seriousness Andy, if you were to watch the game with British commentary you'd get a much different feel for the game, i've often found the US commentators sorely lacking in their understanding and terminology of football.....

Sorry, must be a commonwealth thing...........

If you get the chance though and have Fox Soccer Channel, notice the difference in cadence, rhythm and choice of terms used by the commentators for the English Premier League and compare it to ESPN on the MLS..

oh,i can't stand the American commentary

i watch all my soccer games in Spanish (Univision)

the fragging American commentators can ruin the best game ever played

Glad it's done.....

oh it's only three years and 362 days away!!!

I can wait. Although that headbutt was pretty entertaining. All is fair in love, and war, and world cup soccer.

Back
Top Bottom