World Cup winners ??

who will lift the World Cup in July ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i'd like to bet that Kim is still behind me in the points

Kim:
Quite right....or at least they haven't up until now. What they do today still remains to be seen.
I would so love to see an England-Germany final! :wink: Until England actually loses a match that's still a possibility in spite of everything that's been said.

As for the match against Portugal today - England are the clear favorites to win on ESPN and at the bookies.

Means nothing really. England need to put out the performance but they have the advantage of not having to deal with deco too. Let's see Kim.

I know an Argentina v England final or an Argentina v Brazil final would have been fun to watch(only if England lost) I really don't want England to win it all, but they can go as far as they want once the trophy goes elsewhere.

Trinigordo:
Means nothing really. England need to put out the performance but they have the advantage of not having to deal with deco too. Let's see Kim.

I know an Argentina v England final or an Argentina v Brazil final would have been fun to watch(only if England lost) I really don't want England to win it all, but they can go as far as they want once the trophy goes elsewhere.
Daymn! Such dislike for England.

midwestdvr:
Daymn! Such dislike for England.
Don't worry...he loves us really. I heard he was even using Beckham's picture for his avatar for a bit! :lol:

Jamdiver:
True, true.
Actually the reason I hear why he's not officiating anymore is that in Serie A there's an age limit on referee's of 45 or something.

And Mr. Collina is 46 I think......., people were trying to get them to make a special exception for him, but it never happened..

Yes, Collina is 46....one week older than I am.

I didn't post all day here because i was in lecture this morning and missed the early game and didn't want to learn the score. I told my students that if anyone told me the score i would fail them!

I was crushed by the Argentines' defeat; there goes my overall pick to win the tournament. They didn't go without a fight though. Kim is right about the ref, he wasn't really partial but he did call way too many fouls on both sides and killed the flow of the game.

On the one hand they were unlucky with the forced keeper substitution but i also blame the coach. The substitutions were horrible: Cambiasso was a good choice but he should have started. Why on earth take out your best playmaker? Cruz didn't perform and where was Messi? Tevez instead of Saviola made sense, especially since the latter wasn't playing that well but Tevez worked much better as a substitute.

As for the fight at the end, apparently it has something to do with Bierhoff taunting the Argentinians or something like that. At some point Maxi Rodriquez clearly tried to punch him (Bierhoff was wearing a black suit standing close to Klinsmann.

The Italians are back! An impressive first 15 minutes,they could easily have scored more. The Ukranians tried but their defense sucked and they relied way too much on Shevchenko.

As for tomorrow, Kim my friend, here's hoping that this is the end of the road for you!!!

man... this is a tough game to call ... so close ...

i still need to sleep on it

Campbell_SB.jpg

Funny, it looked good to me...

welll...

we'll see how it goes this time around

I'm off for a dive in the morning and won't be back until the first game is done. Oh well, I can always hope for a thunderstorm.

Cold beer is in the refrigerator.

Wife has a list of stuff for me to do.

It can wait.

Here's hoping we see England and Brazil in the other semi-final.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom