Working on my Bali itinerary

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks so much, Allison!

For posting the fantastic photos! They are quite effective proof that muck diving in Indonesia is the mucking best and actually, not mucked up at all!

Pamela

Yes, another muck fan! TSandM let me use his amazing pictures for my muck-diving website.I am going to add some more for the species profiles Check it out from my sig. P.S. Bali should be updated in the next day or two in the places section.

The spam filter is a possibility, but with so many spams showing up every day, I have trouble going through them. I cazn't et some place in Rotan to reply either. I must be doomed.

Y'know what I do? I set up a separate email address for contacts where I worry about the email address getting sold to spammers (like when I order things online). Try setting up a free account, like on yahoo or something, and try sending them another email. I'll bet you get a response.

dived bali for 6 weeks in nov/dec 06. here my thoughts. menjangan has very nice dive sites but is far away from the rest and also very remote. ie almost no activities outside of resort.

tulamben is the only place which consist of a small town. on top of that, i personally found bali diving at its best in tulamben. not the wreck itself, marine life around is much more interesting. but i did much more dives in front of the tt coral garden (tauch terminal) and the drop off. about 7 miles outside of tulamben is scuba seraya. a place you just need to see (muck diving, boxer crabs, harlekin shrimps, coleman shrimps and zebra crab)

also a must are the dives around nusa penida for mantas and mola mola. check it out, this is easely reached from the south. the dive sites on the north coast involve all a long drive. so it is adviseable to stay in the area. travelling with your mom, i think you have more possibilities staying in a small town rather then in a remote resort. i suggest, you stay in tulamben (tauch terminal) or more up scale at scuba seraya (but this is remote again) staying in tulamben you have the freedom of eating in different places for a change.

if you two look for a remote place just outside of tulamben do a google on alam batu. new resort. i liked it quite a bit but bear in mind, for the good diving you go by boat to the tulamben area.

for diving in menjangan just have it arranged for you, with whoever you dive or just transfer for lets say 3 days. when diving secret bay, don't forget your 5mm wet suit. the water is always cold.

Tauch Terminal!! I stayed there in 2000. Nice place, especially if you speak German. Actually, english was no problem. I missed a lot of the diving there since I was laid up with 103 degree fever most of my stay there. I recovered when we moved to the Manjagan area. Diving out of the little outriggers would have been fun.

Muck? Did someone say muck? Don't tell anyone - but they got sandy muck Manado-side (N Sulawesi). See your ghost pipefish, hairy frog fish, pegasus sea moths etc at places like Poh-poh then head across to Bunaken in the afternoon for the walls and drift. And the muck is mainly fine sand - very little garbage.

Hi LeAnne!

This may be a late response, but thought I would post anyway. I just spent 10 days in Bali and got my open water certification in Padang Bai. I used waterworx (www.waterworxbali.com). I also looked into geko diving, and a few operators out of kuta, but waterworx was quicker to my reponses and very friendly, so I went with them. In addition I was looking for a respite from southern bali. I had a great time with them and definitely would reccommend using them. Padang Bai is basically a road with dive shops and a few restaurants. I personally enjoyed the atmosphere here in comparison to the craziness/touristy Kuta and even Ubud. It was a nice break for a few days. There are some beach coves as well for non-divers to go hang out at, and she can probably snorkel there as well. In terms of Tulamben- I unfortunately did not get to go but really wanted to. The first day of my course a bunch of people went out and said it was amazing! They went early to beat the crowds in the afternoon.

hope this helps! Bali is amazing and you will love it! I wish I was still there!

Caseylary,

Thanks so much for your post! It's not too late -- I'm still making plans. I have my accommodations all set, but I still haven't selected a dive op for Nusa Penida. Waterworx is on the list, so it's good to get a positive review about them.

Glad you had a great time, and I can't wait for my trip!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom