Working on my Bali itinerary

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LeeAnne,

How did you contact Mimpi?

I sent an email to their sales office and received no reply.

Meanwhile, I have decided not to go to Sulawesi this trip. We do have one simplifying factor, we both dive. Nusa Penida sounds good. Not much of a muck diver myself, although I have been to sites all over the Caribbean where there are patches of muck right next to nice walls and reefs. Its mainly a thing for the macro photographers. They want a picture of some rare nudibranch that is one inch long and don't care much about things on a more familiar scale. OK , it makes them happy. However, chicken crap sounds like a possibility.

LW (Ron)

Actually the muck diving in N Sulawesi is not at all the way you imagine it to be, especially in Lembeh! On the muck dives we did in NS, I saw all kinds of crazy, "normal sized" fish... scorpion fish, lion fish, toad fish, and countless other odd, Hieronymus Bosch type creatures. My husband and I absolutely could not get over the weird lopsided things in Lembeh, those dives provided the most fantastic contrast to the gorgeous poetic creatures we saw around Bunaken!!!

And, by the way, I need glasses so I don't care at all to squint at tiny wiggly dots the DM swears are seahorses or crab-ettes, and find nudibranches okay but overall much like flamboyant slugs, and I found plenty to feast my eyes on in the Sulawesian muck!

Even tho we aren't going to NS this year during our annual Bali trip, we had an absolutely fantastic time there! We dove with...
http://www.thalassa.net/
Simone, the owner, made us a great deal on a 10 day combination dive package, including airport transportation, 5 day hotel w/2 dives daily and 5 day liveaboard w/ unlimited dives.

Ron, I emailed directly to Sales at Mimpi too, and I got a reply back pretty quickly, as I recall. I was emailing with someone named Astawa, who was very helpful and always got back to me quickly. We actually exchanged several emails back and forth, and she gave me a lot of great info. I'm sure they'll get back to you soon.

ron, I hope your not going to Lembeh if you hate muck diving!

I am not going to Lembeh. I don't actually hate muck diving, but I prefer when it is mixed in with reefs, walls and so forth. None he less, muck diving is what really stokes the macro photographers. We all do different stuff, that makes the party.

I never received a reply from sales@mimpi, its been several weeks. As of now I have no reservations and am just about ready to "wing" it out of frustration. Just get a car from Denpasar to Tulamben or Candidasa and hope for the best. When we went to Thailand we did that for part of our trip and it some of the best days we had and an advance 6 day booking in Phi Phi was sort of a bust.

From the sound of it I think I would like Nusa Penida with large animals and challenging diving.

Am I nuts?

I can't understand why you're not receiving a reply from Mimpi...I just had an email exchange with them day before yesterday and firmed up my reservations. We must have exchanged a dozen emails, and they responded back quickly to every email I sent.

These might seem like a silly questions, but are you sure you're sending it to the right address - sales@mimpi.com? Are you sure your email server is working, and that your emails are getting out? You might also check your spam filter -- I've had emails sent to my junk folder that shouldn't have gone there, and having the word "sales" in their email address might cause your filter to send their responses there.

I've always gotten a response back from them within a few hours, so I tend to think something else is going on.

Meanwhile, I finally firmed up all of my plans. I decided in the end to split my 6 Mimpi days up, four at Menjangan, two at Tulamben. They'll handle all of the transport to, from and in between their resorts. Can't wait! Thanks for everyone's input.

Muck rocks!!! Lembeh has nice reefs as well as muck. You can have it all there.:D

You should definitely go to secrete bay. Also, on the southern shore is the Lombongan Island. Also a must go. Blue Corner is a real roller coaster ride you will never forget. Not for the faint hearted.

:popcorn:

You probably won't see one of these without some muck.

Attachments

• hairy frogfish (2).jpg
    hairy frogfish (2).jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 51
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom