Work Vs. Scuba

Has your boss given you a hard time because of your scuba addiction?

• Yes

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • No

Votes: 49 77.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Both, but I'm only on scubaboard when nothing is going on. Appearantly, I'm supposed to pretend to be working when there isn't anything to do.

I answered yes to the poll, but it is only because he just does not get it. The reason for the No is that I often have to dive FOR work. I operate a 1 million gallon wave tank facility and need to dive in it for work. Before you ask, No we are not hiring <grin>.

my boss keeps trying to get me to come by and visit after i leave monterey , and he gives me any days off (with in reason) that i need to go diveing , great boss and great job, real flexible :wink:

No, but I don't surf Scubaboard at work. I've got a plate full 3 average engineers working full time couldn't possibly finish anyway, so I never have 'nothing' to do at work - it's just a matter of what's further behind on the list. And, come vacation time, I don't shed a tear that it's no use to take my nationwide coverage pager on vacation, and if we're going somewhere that I can even remotely make the boss think English isn't well understood, the more the better. And, I can always throw in the lower reliability of developing nation telecommunications services before I leave.

My boss never has called me on vacation yet - but it helps to make that option appear as inconvenient as possible. I do always leave the phone and fax numbers, and instructions for international dialing, and say something along the lines of "If you need to reach me, it's probably best to just send a fax if you can get one to go through, and after we're back from being underwater, I'll look it over and try to send one back to you." Works like a charm!

I'm employed by a consulting company. I spend about 10 hours a day at client sites 4 days a week and work at home on Fridays. On Thursday and some Tuesday nights I train divers and Friday night i dive plus 1 day in the weekend most of the time. My employer expects me (in addition to time I spend at the client) to attend meetings in the evenings at the head office. When they plan them on days I'm scheduled to be in the pool or to dive (they also plan some meetings on the weekends) then I refuse to come. They complain about my not attending these meetings but I don't tell them why I decline. In any event I answered "no" to the poll because it hasn't been brought up explicitly.

R..

Always me and my boss have a nice talk about diving every single day.
:argue:

He tries to convince me to quit diving and I try to convince him to change his field of business.

i like this one...my boss gives me an earful if i don't dive everyday!!!
Ahh, life in the scuba lane...

I guess i am luckey my boss talked me into geting certified. she is not a diver but knew i needed something to do on my time off. she is also very supportive in giving me time off for trips. most everyone i work with are very intrested in hearing about where i am diving next and likes to hear my storys when i get back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom