Work Vs. Scuba

Has your boss given you a hard time because of your scuba addiction?

• Yes

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • No

Votes: 49 77.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lucikily, i'm the boss of a towing and recovery buisiness so I encourage diving. I helped my main driver (now diver) get certified, and his equipment. We sneak off about once a week for training. It's all related to the recovery portion of the job, so I wrote off all my equipment and training as "buisiness expense" Gotta love it!!

I have several computers on at a time in my office, and I swivel and roll back and forth between them. One of them almost always has a Scubaboard window open. One is for video editing, which often requires a minute or two of rendering time. So for that minute, I'll roll over and read/post.

I work (if you can call it that) at a church. The other day I was in the Associate Pastor's office in a meeting and the Pastor stuck his head in and interrupted.

"Sorry to interrupt," he said, "But I noticed a box is open on your computer saying you have received a Scubaboard Private message. Do you need to answer that right away?"

Also, I leave early every Tuesday to go diving.

Life is good...

Boss has discussed getting me qualified to do some archaelogical diving, so I can't really complain about being discouraged from diving...!

Well I´m fairly lucky, as I work in a dive center, so whenever my boss wanderes past my PC and see´s I´m on here, I just say I´m doing publicity for the company, or I´m getting preped for my Divemaster!! hahahahaha

raya:
Well I´m fairly lucky, as I work in a dive center, so whenever my boss wanderes past my PC and see´s I´m on here, I just say I´m doing publicity for the company, or I´m getting preped for my Divemaster!! hahahahaha

LOL, i will have to try that cuz i also work in a dive shop and i am starting my divemaster tomorrow.

Luckly, I am indispensable to the company. You want to see my impressive resume?

Square Dance Caller Extraordinaire - Professional Joke Killer - World Traveler - Double Agent - Knight of the Realm - Singer of Sentimental Ballads - Soft Shoe Dancer - Captain Courageous - Public Relations Guru - River Boat Gambler - Soldier of Fortune - Leaps Buildings In A Single Bound - Starfighter - Last Of The Big Time Spenders - Space Journeyed - Wars Fought - Revolutions Started - Governments Run - Uprisings Quelled - Football Games Fixed - Civilizations Destroyed - Tigers Tamed - Bears Trained - Bores Bored - Bars Emptied - Orgies Organized - Lost Souls Saved - Brain Surgery Performed - Revenge Wreaked - Dinosaurs Neutered

not bad and I'm only 33 :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom