Work Vs. Scuba

Has your boss given you a hard time because of your scuba addiction?

• Yes

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • No

Votes: 49 77.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Firebrand

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
After being berated by my boss this morning for my scuba diving addiction, I got to wondering, "How many other SB members have had their backsides lightened by the boss because of their scuba addiction?" So, if you are like me, and your boss just doesn't "get" your scuba addiction, please take the time for this poll. Thanks.

FreeFloat:
There's a poll???
Patience, it's on there now, I had to set the options!

actually my boss is pretty good about it..he just smiles knowingly when i dodge out of work early on a wednesday..he knows i'll be in such a good mood thursday if i dive on a wednesday night that i'll get twice as much work done..

Nope they think it is cool and that I might need a psych consult (they believe, if we were intended to dive we would still have gills). Always get asked when I announce that I am going diving, if it is land based or I am actually going in the water. My reply is simple if you want to know come along.

My boss is always on my case for the amount of money I spend on my diving addiction as well as the time I take off to jet to some exotic place every summer....

Oh wait!!! I'm self-employed...LOL

Not exactly (of course, she doesn't know I'm on SB right now...), but I was recently in a quandary when a dive trip I wanted to sign up for conflicted with a work conference that I would just as soon skip.
With apologies to Oscar Wilde, work is the curse of the diving class!

drl

Not at all. I've even made arrangements with my manager to allow for me taking last minute time off for volunteer dives with NOAA when they come up.

Firebrand:
After being berated by my boss this morning for my scuba diving addiction, I got to wondering, "How many other SB members have had their backsides lightened by the boss because of their scuba addiction?" So, if you are like me, and your boss just doesn't "get" your scuba addiction, please take the time for this poll. Thanks.

Was this because of your addiction to SCUBA? or to being on Scubaboard while at work? There's a huge difference!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom