Work as Instr in BVI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

growler

New
Reaction score
I am considering working as a scuba instructor in BVI. For the past few years I have worked in places like the Red Sea and Asia and am not really familiar with the more high end islands in the Caribbean.
BVI sounds like it is v. expensive and I wanted to know from someone that works in BVI whether it's possible to work as an instr and have a good quality of life... ie. being able to afford to eat out once in a while, have drinks with friends, maybe rent a boat on your day off etc???
Also is it also possible to save some money throughout the season???
Obviously you dont know how much I would make and what I would spend my money on but Im just asking a general question. I would appreciate any information.
Cheers.

Assuming you have had a solid job offer and done all the paperwork (police records, physical, bank reference, character reference and finally approved for your work permit) you will make eough to live comfy, but not outragously so. People are friendly and water sports dominates the past time. For more island info, read
DearMissMermaid.com
for a wealth of info

I am considering working as a scuba instructor in BVI. For the past few years I have worked in places like the Red Sea and Asia and am not really familiar with the more high end islands in the Caribbean.
BVI sounds like it is v. expensive and I wanted to know from someone that works in BVI whether it's possible to work as an instr and have a good quality of life... ie. being able to afford to eat out once in a while, have drinks with friends, maybe rent a boat on your day off etc???
Also is it also possible to save some money throughout the season???
Obviously you dont know how much I would make and what I would spend my money on but Im just asking a general question. I would appreciate any information.
Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom