Woo hoo! Just got my OW, time to start learning!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tank29

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey everyone! I just got my OW cert this past weekend at Comal River. It was fun, but waaay too shallow for my tastes. But beggar's can't be choosers.

I was wondering if anyone is going to be at Twin Lakes this weekend? I want to get back in the water and practice my bouancy and trim in deeper than 15-20'. It'd also be nice to practice some of the skills some more too.

Anyway, just wondering if any swampers will be there, so I won't feel like I'm cheating when I buy some TWD gear from cafepress! :wink:

Dave

Congrats! I got mine yesterday in AZ! Happy Diving!

congratz to both of yoU!

just keeps getting better and better (but your budget will take a hit)

H2Andy:
congratz to both of yoU!

just keeps getting better and better (but your budget will take a hit)

Thank you!

Hey, d'ya think I can list my dive shop (or my instructor) as a dependent on my tax forms???????

only if you spend over six months of the year in the shop/with the instructor

:eyebrow:

H2Andy:
only if you spend over six months of the year in the shop/with the instructor

:eyebrow:

From the looks of it...that wouldn't be hard to do! I think my boyfriend can already claim his shop....and he hasn't even taken his first class yet!

Thanks!

Only 6 months? Is that it?! I feel like I've done that already....

tank29:
Hey everyone! I just got my OW cert this past weekend at Comal River. It was fun, but waaay too shallow for my tastes. But beggar's can't be choosers.

I was wondering if anyone is going to be at Twin Lakes this weekend? I want to get back in the water and practice my bouancy and trim in deeper than 15-20'. It'd also be nice to practice some of the skills some more too.

Anyway, just wondering if any swampers will be there, so I won't feel like I'm cheating when I buy some TWD gear from cafepress! :wink:

Dave
Just curious who certify's divers in the Comal?

I was with a small group of 4, not including the instructor, who teaches on his own. There were, however, a large number of divers out there (probably about 20-25) from a dive shop from Tyler, if I remember correctly.

We were going to do Blue Lagoon, but wanted the warmer water in the Comal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom