Wondering if anyone has or has seen this light?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, the aunoc is tiny, hence its appeal, so far I think its main competitor in size is only the Ilumenox L122W which is around 3inch too, 85lumens and claims to be rated to 100m. Sells much cheaper at bike shops too, but I dun like its beam pattern with its tiny hotspot.

I've never heard of it either. It may just be some rebranding of someone else's light. It's too expensive for what it is and unless it's for a night dive in very clear water it's not of much use as a dive light unless it it just a backup light.

I use the W200 mentioned earlier as a back-up (175 lumen in a fairly focused beam and costs $37)

It's really surprising that there isn't a cheap dive light using a Cree XP-G R5 (325 lumen). It's only a matter of time. For about $30 you could come up with a workable version yourself that would be good for most recreational depths.

I agree it is expensive. The idea of a waterproof 3" light with 100 lumen is appealing to me as a backup light or daytime light for those occasional "I wish I cold see farther under that ledge moments," due its tiny size. The battery isn't an issue because I already have other lights that use the same battery and thus carry a suitable charger.

It seems like it should be more like $45-$60, though.

I agree it is expensive. The idea of a waterproof 3" light with 100 lumen is appealing to me as a backup light or daytime light for those occasional "I wish I cold see farther under that ledge moments," due its tiny size. The battery isn't an issue because I already have other lights that use the same battery and thus carry a suitable charger.

It seems like it should be more like $45-$60, though.

If you like this battery format I think Intova dive lights are a better deal IMO. To look under ledges in daylight you actually need a fairly strong beam, and IMO the small size is a disadvantage when diving.

Adam

If you like this battery format I think Intova dive lights are a better deal IMO. To look under ledges in daylight you actually need a fairly strong beam, and IMO the small size is a disadvantage when diving.

Adam

If you have to wear thick gloves I'd think 3" might be too small to handle and operate easily. I don't know, but I'd guess something like the 4.5" of the OMS Vega might be the minimum size limit I'd want to use with my gloves. The Dorcys aren't a problem at ~6.5", and I think they could be shorter without any difficulty.

Guy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom