with compressor to buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tomman

New
Reaction score
# of dives
hi there,

i'm looking in opening a dc and buy a bauer compressor.

i do not have a lot of experience in it, i need to fill about 20 tanks a day12L/200bar,
would a portable compressor be enough?

any suggestions???

thanks for your time

Contact a compressor comp, they will steer you in the right direction. At least a start point for you.
But to answer your question it will fill 20, maybe not in a day! (depends on cfms)
See you topside! John

At a minimum I would use a 9cfm compressor along with a low pressure(3000) and a high pressure (4500) bank..that way hopefully the compressor is not running all day .

hi there,

i do not have a lot of experience in it, i need to fill about 20 tanks a day12L/200bar,

any suggestions???

thanks for your time

Any compressor would be enough....but will it be comfortable enough?
say the tanks come back with an average of 60 bar in it.
20x(200-60)x12=33600 Liter
Smallest compressor 100 liter/min
33600/100=336 min/60=5.6 hours.
If you come back in the shop every day at 7 pm and need to fill 6 hours to have the tanks next day, you'll be pretty tired.
If you sit in the shop and you can connect 5 tanks together during the day with autodrain it will work. Don't know how long the compressor will live.
I guess on the beginning it is hard on the money to buy a bigger unit.
If the 20 tanks are just on the weekend in summer and during the week are less customer with just say 5 tanks than it might be easier.

Depends what you mean by portable. A Bauer Junior or MCH 6 Coltri isn't rated for continuous use, and won't be happy working even that hard. A Mariner or Capitano would be fine. Do note that the portable versions of some of these compressors come with tiny filter stacks, and for commercial use you probably will want a larger filter, both for safety and because the larger cartridges are much cheaper to run.

Also, for commercial use you really ought to have autodrains. If you don't, it is almost inevitable that, in the long run, you will some day forget to drain in time , and at best wipe out your filter cartridges, and at worst, give your customers some tankfills of really bad air.

hi there,

any suggestions???

thanks for your time

Poseidon 200 which is Bauer Mariner 200 with less bell and whistle is a good choice. You are in Thailand, call Dive Supply, they are Bauer distributor. Get P41 filter housing, a P21 is too small for 20tanks a day at tropical climate. P41 size filter at 30C ambient is good for approx 39 hours if you choose the one with hopcalite. A P21 will be soaked by the 5th hour. Filter catridge price is only 4 times at the most for P41 vs P21 but look at the service life.

Get twin Bauer filler whip/hose, a Poseidon only get 1 ..........a Mariner gets 2.
Get a blower with at least 60,000 liters air flow per minute, blow it to your compressor.... helps cool your compressor and you will not need air-cond room.

If you decide on a Coltri, MCH 13 is the equivalent but order the tropical plus and that extra water separator & cooler pipe will be a blessing + the oil pump.......so important.

Good luck

Hi Tomman,

Portable Models may suite your needs well enough, but I would only recommend the pressure lubed machines such as Capitano and Mariner.

Thanks,
Gabe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom