Wishing Peace for all Nations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it youth or is it age and experience? I know when I was young I knew almost nothing of what was going on around the world and not sure I particularly cared either. Now I lay in bed unable to sleep, despairing at all that's going on, to ourselves, each other, our planet, our existence. I try to hold on to hope as without it, it's all over. Not sure I'm a believer but of late I've found myself praying on more than one occasion.
I came from a family of news junkies. I was reading the local suburban weekly at age 6 and the Detroit paper by age 7 or 8. In the early-mid 80s I remember watching the news before school and hearing about one Soviet leader after another dying, wondering if the next one would be the one to blow us up.

I came from a family of news junkies. I was reading the local suburban weekly at age 6 and the Detroit paper by age 7 or 8. In the early-mid 80s I remember watching the news before school and hearing about one Soviet leader after another dying, wondering if the next one would be the one to blow us up.
Guess I was lucky and blessed with ignorance growing up in the 70s. NZ was kinda isolated to some extent too I guess.

Guess I was lucky and blessed with ignorance growing up in the 70s. NZ was kinda isolated to some extent too I guess.

I was 5 when it ended, we didn't even have a TV. Of course now I know the history but not when I was young, probably not until my early 20s, I dropped out of school young and made good friends with drugs and alcohol. A haze.

In the interim what are you doing to help? Genuine question. Cheers.
I pray for peace but I am well aware of the inevitable . I contact my elected officials on a weekly basis to no avail . The biggest humanitarian failure in history right now is happening in Yemen where a child dies every 27 minutes for starvation . My Congressman Chris Murphys office confirmed this and " are working on it ". I try to educate myself with facts of the situation and pay no attention to propaganda . And I try to dive as much as I can .

I've spent a lot of my life "hating" and the only thing it did was create more hate. Hating is easy, helping is much harder, it requires effort.
My ideas have gotten me this far but my ideas have created problems that my ideas can't solve .

I've spent a lot of my life "hating" and the only thing it did was create more hate. Hating is easy, helping is much harder, it requires effort.
Some people need to be hated. Never forget and never, ever forgive. This photo is from over the weekend. The Russians are firing on civilians trying to escape. May they rot in hell, along with the 9/11 f**kers.
89458B0E-0C26-4D3D-A5C6-D959391E86F9.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom