Wish Me Good Luck...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Erik Il Rosso

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have just signed in for a Decompression Air class (max 50 metres) and hope everything will turn out Ok...

It is my first step in the so called "Tech World" and I must admit I feel a little bit "Strange"...

I still remember when a couple of years ago I said :"I will NEVER go deeper than 40 metres", 50 metres are now waiting for me...

I know deep air is no good but it is a gateway to a Trimix class that I hope to take next year...

Ciao Erik Il Rosso

Good luck, Erik! I finished mine last week. Most of the dives were conducted at around 120 feet and the emphasis was on skills, planning, stress management and teamwork. We had 1 dive at 150 and 1 at 170 feet. Air is not the ideal gas for these depths, but I'm not sorry I took the class for the same reasons you are doing so.

I hope you benefit as I did and keep safe.

Erik Il Rosso:
I have just signed in for a Decompression Air class (max 50 metres) and hope everything will turn out Ok...

It is my first step in the so called "Tech World" and I must admit I feel a little bit "Strange"...

I still remember when a couple of years ago I said :"I will NEVER go deeper than 40 metres", 50 metres are now waiting for me...

I know deep air is no good but it is a gateway to a Trimix class that I hope to take next year...

Ciao Erik Il Rosso

Are you using air only for bottom mix, or also for deco?

By the way, the definition of "deep air" is subjective. When I took my ANDI 50m+ on air Tech class the book specifically stated that ANDI was opposed to "deep air" diving. Obviously they didn't consider 50m to be deep for air. (I think they used the US Navy standard of about 57m).

Good luck.

Congrats and best of luck on future plans!!

Kevin

*Floater*:
Are you using air only for bottom mix, or also for deco?

By the way, the definition of "deep air" is subjective. When I took my ANDI 50m+ on air Tech class the book specifically stated that ANDI was opposed to "deep air" diving. Obviously they didn't consider 50m to be deep for air. (I think they used the US Navy standard of about 57m).

Good luck.

Air will be bottom mix, for deco we are going to use EAN50 + Oxygen...

I must admit I feel a little bit nervous, I know I will be under judgment again, I know I will be task loaded and put under stress to see how I react and I will also have to use some new gear like deco bottles...

It sounds weird to have more than 200 dives under my belt and feeling a little bit insecure, hope this will trigger on a "Positive" state of mind...
Hope my slow approach to "Tech Diving" will save me a lot of problems...

My only advantage is that I am currently diving with BP/W and switched to the long hose some time ago...
At least these two things won't cause me any problems...

Ciao Erik Il Rosso

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom