Wisdom software doesn't have any (wisdom)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

geokr maybe your fire wall block the update.
If you can't check the boxes that usely means those dives are already download.
Add dives and location sound like the sample diver log.
And the other two sound like your pc computer if your backuplog is working fine.

1 - It's not the firewall blocking anything - the automatic update feature doesn't work.

2 - These were new dives so nothing was there previously.

3 - Unless "Cozumel" is in the sample log then the software putting it in a manual entry dive that occurred Australia doesn't sound right to me.

4 - My PC is just fine, this software isn't.

By the way, I haven't heard a thing from Sherwood about solutions. I'm not just a dissatified customer but someone who is worried about using this expensive piece of gear I rely on at depth that just doesn't work right on a lot of levels. I can't afford to screw around with a hundred feet of water over my head - it has to be nothing less than perfect and I can't get it to agree with my buddy even on the depth I'm at. The above sea level data problems I can live with. Screwups with my dive computer functions I can't and won't even try to. Time to go elsewhere for a reliable system.

SEMO, any luck? did you get the dives in your PC correctly?

Thanks for asking but I have not took the time to try it yet. I will back up my log, delete the last two dives, and then download them again from the Wisdom to see if the dates are correct. I'll try to make time tomorrow night. I will post results when I do.

My original problem was that I did two dives on March 13th, 2010. When I downloaded them from the Wisdom to the Sherwood software on my computer it showed the year as 2000. I did not notice if the day date was correct. I manually changed the date to 03/13/2010 in the dive log.

A few days later I read a thread here that discussed a similar problem. I tried the auto update feature for the Sherwood dive log software. It would not update. Later I went to the Sherwood website and downloaded the newest software version and installed it after backing up my dive log.

Last night I deleted the last two dives on March 13th from the dive log, hooked up the Wisdom and downloaded the two dives again. They downloaded fine and showed the year as 2010. The only thing that is strange is that the Wisdom shows the date of the dives as 03/12/10 and the dives were done on Saturday 03/13/2010.

The dives I did in November of 2009 had the correct day and year dates, and downloaded the correct dates. How did the date in the Wisdom change between November and March? It had not been changed by me. Why did the year show as 2000 when I downloaded dives in March. Why do the dives from March 13th show March 12th? I have 103 dives on the Wisdom since May of 2008, and the battery is the original. It does not show that the battery is low. I'm baffled as to how this happened.

I'm not knocking my Wisdom. It is a great computer and has numbers big enough for my aging eyes to read under water. I'm just trying to figure out what happened and why it happened.

1 - It's not the firewall blocking anything - the automatic update feature doesn't work.

2 - These were new dives so nothing was there previously.

3 - Unless "Cozumel" is in the sample log then the software putting it in a manual entry dive that occurred Australia doesn't sound right to me.

4 - My PC is just fine, this software isn't.

1) Well in January it worked for me and I updated to the current version. And I tried it the other day it says “your version is up to date” so it working. You need to provide more information "Automatic update did not update, the automatic update feature doesn't work" doesn't mean the program is working.

2) "All Dives or New Dives sort work either" If you use the all dives and hit save it probably would have work. Their no new dive sort in that menu, were did that come from?

3) The sample log doesn't have any location in it but it fun how all the word in the world it would generate cozumel.

I am at version 1/7/2010 you never said what version you stated out with and what version you have now. I just don't want them monkeying around with the software unless they no of a specific problem.

As an update I did 18 dives in Coz last week and the Wisdom downloads were all correct. The updated software seems to have solved my problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom