Wisdom software doesn't have any (wisdom)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It sounds like the software needs a good housecleaning (or a re-write) and a good QA process.

Terry

Couldn't agree more. A program at this stage of development should achieve a certain level of stability and reliability even though MS has gone through a couple of OS changes - Vista and W7. Also, in comparing my wet times with my gf last night (don't misinterpret that :D) there's quite a bit of disagreement as well. I don't know what's up with this computer and s/w but at this point to me it's just an overpriced digital pressure guage.

Last edited:
SEMO there is a new build date from 1-07-10. Click on the Auto Update feature and get the newest build. That will address the incorrect date issue.

I tried the auto update the other day and again now. I click on "Auto Updates" under the help tab, the Sherwood Computer Interface Update Wizard box pops up, but there are no items listed in the box to down load.

I do have a working internet connection because I am posting here. Is there any chance that the update can be emailed to me so I can install it?

I do have a working internet connection because I am posting here. Is there any chance that the update can be emailed to me so I can install it?

You should download it from their website it is a large file 20 megs.

In trying to download last weeks 9 dives with this garbage the:
- Automatic update did not update
- Would not allow me to check the boxes of the dives I wanted to download nor did the All Dives or New Dives sort work either
- So, it would not update my log until I found and loaded the new software which, not surprisingly, the installer says is again a beta 'cause this sure ain't ready for prime time
- The first attempt at downloading recorded my new 9 dives as occuring in 2000, not 2010....WTF? (my year settings on the Wisdom are correct, by the way)
- Mysteriously was off by one day of the month as well
- Mysteriously added dive locations to the new dives that I did not enter - where did those come from?

I now have to reconstruct my log from an archive copy which, fortunately, I keep because I don't trust your software above sea level and am wondering why I should underwater. This has been a recurring problem for the five years I've owned a Wisdom. I have a current and up to date PC without any known problems other than your software. For what I paid for both the dive computer and software I and the rest of us shouldn't be having constant problems with what should be a mature and stable program by now. Fix it....

geokr maybe your fire wall block the update.
If you can't check the boxes that usely means those dives are already download.
Add dives and location sound like the sample diver log.
And the other two sound like your pc computer if your backuplog is working fine.

This is why your PC locks up every now and then, but your microwave oven doesn't.

The more correct way would be "This is why your Windows locks up" :)

I had SuSE Linux running for 9 month as my working station for 9 month with no single lock up or restarting on a no-name home assembled hardware until I had to rearrange my power cords and had to turn it off. An OpenSolaris box is running for the 3rd month next to my desk which I use it as a home server. :)

I installed the updated software that I downloaded. I won't know if that fixed my date probelm until I dive again.

If the dive are still on your dive computer then delete them from the software and redownload that should fix the date problem.

Hmm.... Good idea. I'll try that.

I edited the dates in the log so they do show correct now, but if I follow your suggestion I won't have to wait until I dive again to see if it works right with the newer software.

That’s correct they will download as if they were new dives. Backup you log before you delete anything. Make sure you use the delete dive and not the delete all dives.

Back
Top Bottom