Wisdom 2 plastic face scratch removal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bigz

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
What is the best (if any) way to buff out minor scrapes and scratches from the surface of the plastic cover on the Wisdom 2?

Neil

Toothpaste, toothbrush and elbow grease is a good start. Quite effective for the minor stuff.

Agree with replacing being the easiest. However, in a pinch, progressive grits of emory paper work as well. I don't have the option with a couple of older wrist computers, so I've used emory paper (wet) starting with something rough enough to get out the scratches (I've gone as low as 120) then work though the grades, finishing off with 600. I then move to polishing compound - toothpaste could work at this point as well. If scratches are deep, it is much easier to start a bit rough and work to a fine grit rather than trying to get it all with toothpaste.

Thanks very much for the info. The scratches are not interfering with viewing data but it does bother me that it happened since my Wisdom 2 is relatively new. Oh well, stuff happens.

Cheers,

Neil

The best way is with a buffing wheel and cleaning compound made for buffing out scratches from clear plastic. It's easy to do if you have the wheel and buffing compound. Makes the clear plastic look like new if you know what you're doing.

Thanks, D_B - I'll try that, initially. the idea of putting my computer facve upagainst a rapidly whirlling wheel makes me nervous:wink:.

Neil

Once it is underwater the scratches shopuld disappear. Go get it wet.

The suggestion to use car cleaner was right on! I have an OLD can of Simonize cleaner/polisher and it was perfect. You have to really search for the marks, now. Thanks, D_B.

Neil :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom