Subal housing fiber optic port leak - how to remove port from housing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pairadocs

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
It never fails, just arrived for the dive trip, and my Subal housing for Canon 7D2 is leaking.

Looks like its leaking from the fiber optic port. I just can't figure out how to remove this port. It has a visible o ring. It looks like it is press fit into the housing. It doesn't have an obvious way to remove it, but somebody had to put it in there. I'm perplexed.

Anybody ever remove one of these clear plastic ports?

pics attached

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240328_085205_Gallery(1).jpg
    Screenshot_20240328_085205_Gallery(1).jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 20240328_085229.jpg
    20240328_085229.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 18
Probably either threaded in or pressed in from the outside. Did you try messaging SUBAL directly?

Or maybe whoever might be a SUBAL dealer in the US (??????)

There used to be a dedicated UW photo store on Bonaire but not sure if it's still there.

Maybe ask your dive op and they'd know someone on island with experience in higher end aluminum housings.

Good luck!

David Haas

david,

tnx for suggestions. cam shop in bonaire closed years ago. subal is noncontactable, trust me i've tried over the past year with stuff.

word on the street is those fiber optic ports are glued in place.

Back
Top Bottom