Wisconsin Inland Lake Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dubious

Contributor
Reaction score
Wisconsin allows diving at all lakes unless local ordinances specify otherwise. This means there are hundreds of lakes to dive with Clear or moderately clear conditions. Wife buddy and I have been trying to explore as many new lakes as we can. Here are some of our dives from this year.

Dive Site: Marl Lake
Lake Depth: 59 Feet
Visibility: 10 feet

Dive Site: Shadow Lake
Lake Depth: 41 feet
Visibility: 10 feet, 0 feet below thermocline at 25 feet

Dive Site: Crystal Lake
Lake Depth: 61 feet
Visibility: 10-15 feet

Dive Site: Long Lake
Lake Depth: 71 Feet
Visibility: around 10 feet

Dive Site: West Point Dive Park
Lake Depth: 40 feet?
Visibility 15 feet
Additional Details: Private Quarry ran by Mountain Bay Scuba

Dive Site: Elkhart Lake
Lake Depth: 119 feet
Visibility: 15-20 feet

Nice videos, thanks for sharing! A bit of inspiration for me.

During our teen years, my sister and I spent summers staying on Lake Wisconsin. We would sometimes go to Baraboo and visit Devils Lake State Park to swim, my memory is of clear water and large boulders in certain areas. Devils Lake has been on my mind as a place to return to for a visit, and as a place to dive. Good to know there are plenty of additional dive possibilities to look into.

Nice videos, thanks for sharing! A bit of inspiration for me.

During our teen years, my sister and I spent summers staying on Lake Wisconsin. We would sometimes go to Baraboo and visit Devils Lake State Park to swim, my memory is of clear water and large boulders in certain areas. Devils Lake has been on my mind as a place to return to for a visit, and as a place to dive. Good to know there are plenty of additional dive possibilities to look into.

I dived at Devils for the first time maybe two months ago. Yes, lots of large boulders that attract the fish.

Devils Lake has been on my mind

It has been on my mind too. I have yet to dive there.

When my coworkers, friends, and even strangers learn my wife and I dive, they seem surprised to learn people dive our inland lakes. Most expect us to be traveling to the ocean. I think this is unfortunate.

I dive devils lake a few times a month. The vis went downhill pretty quick after the rains started this fall.

I’m up to Wazee this coming weekend as Devils viz is so bad.

There's a bunch of great lakes to dive in Waukesha county. I've been in lake Pewaukee, pine, silver, nagawicka , nemahbin, okauchee, moose, lower genessee, lake Beulah and brown lake . And maybe a few others in that area. Typical conditions cold and 1-20ft of viz depending on the weather. But all of those lakes are full of treasure. We are always finding old bottles like 1890s Blatz beer bottles old ,medicine bottles embossed with doctors names. And of course lots of anchors.

Dive Site: Long Lake
Lake Depth: 47 feet
Visibility: 15 feet

Sometimes dives don't go so well. Thought this lake might be a nice, shallow, easy entry. Boy was I wrong. This lake should have never made my list. The Visibility was horrible.

Dive Site: Mauthe Lake
Lake Depth: 23 feet
Visibility: 3 feet

Of course there also times when you find a nice little lake not too far from home to dive. No motors is always a plus.

Dive Site: Forest Lake
Lake Depth: 32 feet
Visibility:12 feet

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom