wire gland for canister light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wen gege

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi mate, i intend to improve my DIY canister light for my next rescure dive course.
there are few question i need to enquiry from u guys which i am in doubt.

1) wire gland= for my case, i realised that it will leak from the tip of the wire gland where you insert the wire in, how do you guys prevent it? i use RTV silecone to seal it all edge of the wire gland which it does not look nice.
i am talking about the inner part of the wire gland.

2) O-Ring Vs flat rubber washer= what is the different? i have check with my local dealer, they told me is about the same, but somehow i dont find his words right.

Many many thanks in advance

Attachments

• Prototype%20-Val-0015.jpg
    Prototype%20-Val-0015.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 374
1) wire gland= for my case, i realised that it will leak from the tip of the wire gland where you insert the wire in, how do you guys prevent it? i use RTV silecone to seal it all edge of the wire gland which it does not look nice.
i am talking about the inner part of the wire gland.
Get the Agro Wire Gland from Oxycheq. It's won't leak.

Attachments

• Agro Gland.jpg
    Agro Gland.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 336
+1
I have used a flat and a round and they both work well. I like the additional surface area of the flat.

Get the Agro Wire Gland from Oxycheq. It's won't leak.

u mean the wire gland come together with the rubber thing attach? as for my case, i have to use some siicon to covered up.

Thanks anyway, will look around for that.

Yes, the gland has a rubber insert that squeezes the wire tight. You may also get away with a copper plumbing fitting with the ferrel removed and an o-ring in its place. The Agro is the absolute best, though.

McMaster Carr has 'em

Not the really nice and sexy Agro, though...

Oxycheq, Salvo, DiveRite. About $10-12 each.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom