Sidemount style canister light gland with doubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dusty123

Contributor
Reaction score
I have an uwld canister light with the sidemount gland that works well with my rebreather, but gonna be doing some oc doubles diving…I understand its not the way but some people manage. Anyone got a photo of how you rig it?

I have an uwld canister light with the sidemount gland that works well with my rebreather, but gonna be doing some oc doubles diving…I understand its not the way but some people manage. Anyone got a photo of how you rig it?
I've been using a SM-configured light while diving my Choptima with BM doubles. No photos are available, but I'll try and describe the setup.

I wear my light in a soft Goodman handle on my left hand. The light canister goes on my left waist strap, between the wing and left-hip D-ring. The head points up. The gland points backward, directly toward the wing. The cord routes up, not quite over my shoulder. The cord then wraps around my arm.

If it has a standard length cable then it routes just like normal. It will have a slightly longer effective length so you may have to tuck it into the long hose if it's a bit too droopy but no real changes otherwise. The cable is going in that direction anyway, so just let it ride.

Not quite a textbook picture because there are dual cans to run a primary and a video light but you can see the blue cable from a sidemount gland UWLD with standard length cable.

1676553979253.png

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom