Winter water temps in Jupiter yesterday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jibeho

Contributor
Reaction score
There must be an upwelling in full swing. We dived Lee's and Loggerhead. Lee's my computer said 71 some read 69 :confused: Vis was about 30 thermocline at 20-25. Hanging at 15 it was like diving is jelly soup alot of sea lice and such. Noting stinging just all tiny stuff.

Loggerhead was 3 deg warmer.

Jibeho and I was thinking of hanging the BIG wetsuit into the back of the closet. This is going to be the time of year when we pack three suits.

I still think a thermometer like used in cooking with a probe would be cool. You get to the area of the site. You plop in this weighted probe it sinks to around 100' and you get the temperature at depth. A mini cam would be cool especially if there was a deluxe model that gave current speed and direction as well.

Dive breifing.. It is 71 degrees at 100' with 25' of visability with a 1.25 knot current to the north. - -- -

That would be cool.

Eric

It was crazy cold, I did scarface and loggerhead, and definately felt the thermocline, did you feel those warm patches at depth? Weird, oh well, at least there were a lot of turtles.

prittykitty:
It was crazy cold, I did scarface and loggerhead, and definately felt the thermocline, did you feel those warm patches at depth? Weird, oh well, at least there were a lot of turtles.

Yup I felt them between 60-70 feet they sort of skewed your vision like swimming through a mirage.

Boynton was like that yesterday, too. 81 degrees, drift 25 feet, 73 degrees, drift 25 feet, 81 degrees... We were heat seekers, like missiles.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom