Winter gear storage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

First off, there is no off season gear needs to be used.

Second let me know when your ready to go diving.

As for storage remove weight rinse well once dry hang up in a closet. (Mine gets rinsed and dried in my shower then into my closet once dry)
There is an off season up here unless you're crazy like me diving wet in winter.
rhwestfall--agree, service regs when they need it, not yearly as I was taught. Depends on the diving you do. Shore dives to 30' means wait 'til you think there is a problem.
Viper (OP)- I did Kings in '06 for my 19th dive with a group and aborted due to surge and viz. For me (then) was scary. I guess it could be a good dive with good conditions.
Scuba Lawyer-- Surely you're not comparing Catalina to the NE in winter.....

No problem, let me know if you have any questions I'm not an expert but I do stay a holiday inns.

Scubalawyer-- Surely you're not comparing Catalina to the NE in winter.....

I am not. In my warped sense of humor, that was the point. :)

I would also hang regulators, and allow them to completely dry, rather than have them tightly wound in a mildew-prone bag. Years ago, I jerry-rigged some hangers for that purpose; but now they are made of plastic and offered many dive shops . . .

See no off season..... and I recommend a drysuit.
But more often than not we "snowbirded" to FL over the years, nixing need for the $1K drysuit.
Bigbella-- I was told never to hang regs but to lay flat except with the first stage raised.
S. Lawyer--I hear ya. After 15 years in SOUTHERN Canada I may be cold in winter diving wet at Catalina too....

.... My wetsuit, .....

Take H A L F the weight off your wetsuit so it won't stretch at the shoulders. To do this, get a wide suit coat hanger and thread the wetsuit over the pants bar so it hangs evenly on both side at the waist. Then find a cardboard box and cut a 12 inch by 6 inch flap. Fold the flap lengthwise into a ' U " channel and slip that between the wetsuit and the pants hanger bar. That will help the neoprene from compressing due to weight by hanging it from the shoulders. Cheap and it works perfectly.

See no off season..... and I recommend a drysuit.

There IS an off season on the Great Lakes. November weather has historically sent a lot of ships to the bottom. The Bradley, the Morrell, and the Fitz, anyone? There is very little shore diving and ice on the lakes is a problem. I have a drysuit.

There IS an off season on the Great Lakes. November weather has historically sent a lot of ships to the bottom. The Bradley, the Morrell, and the Fitz, anyone? There is very little shore diving and ice on the lakes is a problem. I have a drysuit.
Marie, What do you do to keep wet/active? Not gunna say "pool" are ya?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom