Winter Dive Season

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ZzzKing

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
The winter dive season has officially begun here in N Texas. Vis at CSSP was 15-20' this afternoon. Temp was 67F. Hydrilla and algae are in full retreat. I could see the entire small boat and almost all of the large one. I could see from one corner leg of the platform to the other plus the 3 or 4 feet I was outside. Should be great diving until sometime in July!

Maybe not July, but it can stay good into May. I say this every year, but I'm going to try to do more winter diving this year.

Hope to see people out. It's a little easier to play hookey on Friday in the winter than it is in the summer. Plus I have quite a bit of time off built up.

Thanks for the report Craig! That's great!
I almost bumbled my way out there today but; alas! I didn't. What can I say? I am a slacker!

Maybe not July, but it can stay good into May. I say this every year, but I'm going to try to do more winter diving this year.

Hope to see people out. It's a little easier to play hookey on Friday in the winter than it is in the summer. Plus I have quite a bit of time off built up.

When do Fridays fall off the CSSP schedule? Or do they?

I wonder if Texoma clears up any in the winter? I think last year I remember it getting up to 6 or 7 feet!!:D

I have to admit, after two years of aggressive Texas diving, I'm starting to yearn for a more tropical, massively high viz type of diving. I think I feel a dive break coming on....

Timeliner, I need some viz therapy. Know any good shrinks?:voodoo:

Thanks for the CSSP report. I hope to enjoy some of that viz this Sunday :)

Dang must be nice getting to go dive on a Friday (you a banker),,,and Halloween at that!

Thanks for the 'pond' report, sounds good.

:D

Kunk,
You know it's interesting. I am starting to agree with timeliner. I did a blue water trip in september. i had 80+ viz. Would you believe that while I was diving, looking at 80+ viz, I started yearning for the challenge that comes with <10 ft viz?

It was crazy! I was underwater wishing that the visibility was crappy just so I could have a dive challenge. I think I need to go see a shrink, one NOT recommended by timeliner. Go figure.

It was crazy! I was underwater wishing that the visibility was crappy just so I could have a dive challenge. I think I need to go see a shrink, one NOT recommended by timeliner. Go figure.

Crazy is one word... certifiable is another. 80 feet viz deserves nothing less than complete blissing out.

Back
Top Bottom