Wings for diverite transpac

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

any one try hollis , OxyCheq ,OMS, Deep sea supply,Halcyon wing with their diverite transpac?

I'm using a Deepoutdoors 18lbs wing with the TransPac 2. Fits perfectly and allows the cambands to be attached to the TP2 without any problems. End result is a very compact BC for single tank use. :)

hi sea sick

are you referring to this airstream bladder?

chris

Attachments

• AIRSTREAM264.jpg
    AIRSTREAM264.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 78
hi sea sick

are you referring to this airstream bladder?

chris

Hi Chris, Yes.

I find the whole package very streamline and the wing does not flap about as compared to other wings.

Regards

Where do you find Deepoutdoors product listings? Their website is un-finished.

Yeah that website is the one I meant as being half-finished. A number of the products don't have pictures, and there is almost no explanation of them.

Did you buy that wing in a LDS or on the web?

I have an Agir-Brokk 30# wing (designed for use with a backplate/STA only) on my Transpac. I had to cut the holes for the cam bands myself with a hot knife. I also got lucky in that the grommets happened to line up. I love it with Aluminum 80's but I never tried it with any other tank size.

In an exchange with Scott on this board he said he uses an Oxy 30lb wing (IIRC) with a TP by attaching it with a single tank adaptor. I'd never thought of doing this with a single tank & my first thought was that the bolts would surely dig into the back. He assured me that this is what he had always done & it worked just fine. I never did try it myself, but if it is the case almost any wing with grommets at 11" centres could be made to work.

Yes, the Oxycheq Mach V wing can be used with the Transpac. As far as I can tell, however, one must use a single tank adaptor in order to attach the cam bands properly. Cam bands can not be threaded under the center line of the Transpac. Instead, the Transpac is made so that the cam bands get threaded under the 2" webbing that runs to the right and left of the center line - which is covered by the Mach V wing. (The Mach V wing does have cam band slots, counter to some info on the web.)

I use Oxycheq's regular "lightweight" STA (ROWB-06-02). It comes with stainless steel mounting bolts + wing nuts. When mounted as indicated, the wing nuts look like they'd stick into your back - but, in practice, once the Transpac's lumbar pad is in place, I couldn't actually feel the wing nuts at all, even with a full tank and no wet suit. That said, I use DiveRite sex bolts instead, partly because they're flat on both sides, but mostly be because they're actually longer - i.e., more threads are engaged - than Oxycheq's mounting bolts.

I experimented with Oxycheq's mini STA (ROWB-06-04). But I was concerned that these can rotate, e.g., in transit, and that the mounting bolts could loosen. The one-piece STA can't do that, because it's attached in two places.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom