Wing recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you had to take your BCD off in the water, you think a 23# wing is going to float it with 20# of weight in the pockets?
its pretty close to neutrally buoyant, i suspect the true lift of the wing is a bit more that 23#......or it could be the foam padding adding buoyancy.

ive got to play around with the weights a bit more, but i may end up taking 5 out of the BCD and putting it on the belt.

its pretty close to neutrally buoyant, i suspect the true lift of the wing is a bit more that 23#......or it could be the foam padding adding buoyancy.

ive got to play around with the weights a bit more, but i may end up taking 5 out of the BCD and putting it on the belt.

A SS BP should be 5# (or more) negative. If you're using an AL80, that'll be about 1.5# negative, when full. With 20# of lead, that's 26.5# negative and that's not counting the weight of regs or the hardware on the harness or anything you may have clipped on (e.g. a light, a knife, etc.). Realistically, it's probably more like 30# negative. And with a full steel 100, it would be at least another 6 or 7# negative.

You must have a lot of foam padding on there for it to be neutrally buoyant with a full tank.

Thanks for all your input guys :thumb:
We ended up buying DGX 30# with single harness and De Profundis quick release webbing slider on both sides.
It seems to be an excellent kit to an unbeatable price. Now we’ll just have to wait for all our stuff to arrive and order our next dive trip :yeahbaby:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom