Windy Weather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The cargo ferry was heading out about 1800, not sure about the passenger ferry. Wind seems to continue to slowly swing more east and while still kinda heavy it is slacking off. Seas where much calmer at sunset from a condo near Tortugas. Hopefully the port captain will open it up tomorrow but I don't expect a decision till mid morning.

I'm hearing on FB that the people ferries are crossing?

Our temporary hotel overlooks the passenger ferry dock and we didn’t see any passenger ferries cross yesterday evening.

So what's going on with quarantine etc? We consider going mid-Dec.

There's a whole thread with COVID info

Cozumel COVID-19 updates
Thanks, but not too useful. I can get "travel to Mexico" info online but what I meant, are dive shops and resorts working normally? We initially planned Grenada but there we'll be locked up in quarantine for 4 days (though still diving if we stay with the dive shop resort).

@tarponchik, we were there two weeks ago and the protocols were to generally wear a mask when around others (the locals are all masked in nearly all activities), you sanitize your shoes and hands upon entry into every store or restaurant, and they generally take and record your temperature upon entry. The dive boats seemed to do the same except for sanitizing your feet. The boats are operating at a more limited capacity... like 70 or 80% and the concierge operators generally will keep all of your gear except for masks and regs (some won't keep wetsuits either, but 3P did). Seemed like reasonable restrictions and still very enjoyable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom