Windy Point - Why the Price Increase?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Guys,

We are headed to Lake Travis this weekend to dive with LTS and maybe make a stop at WP so please no problems while we are there... I have to wonder out loud, speaking from 200 miles away where the closest and best thing to dive is Clear Springs, whatz up? (Sorry my jive is rusty).

I think we pay $20 to get into CSSP because as my $$$$ Baylor economics professor told me... He has the supply (a place to dive) and I have the demand... Sorry no complementary substitutes around and I live on one of the biggest lakes in the area...

Maybe you guys in Austin could start a fund to help us poor disadvantaged divers who have only brown water to dive... For just pennies a day you could help bring a poor underpriviledged diver to Mecca and let us dip in the waters of the semi-clear, kinda cool and overall neato, peachy keen Lake Travis...

I know it seems radical, a 50% increase, but really think how lucky you are that for $15 and maybe a couple of dollars of gas you can dive all day... As for me, it's the $15 plus $100 gas plus $100 per night for hotel plus $100 a day for food, snacks, etc and $30 for the dog sitter cause 4 dogs wont fit in the SUV... Why??? Because we like diving...

If you see us on the lake or under the water stop and chat... We are ready for some fun and to think we only got back from COZ a couple of weeks ago...

Charlie

I really hate to hear about this price increase. That probably means that the public sites will just be a bit more crowded. Oh well, I try to hit Travis only during the week. Maybe I'll see someone else next time I go to Mansfield.:D

I undestand a picket line is being org. at WPP this weekend..............:eyebrow:

Very funny................:rofl3:

It seems that If you dove WPP every weekend and it only cost $20 a month more than the reactions by the diving public seem like a small impact to the wallet.

Too me if you had a 50% price hike at the grocery store or at the gas pump by independent business people there would be a revolt. $120 to fill my tank or $10 gal for milk, bread at $10 loaf. That's a 50% rate hike.

Good ole Richard, $20 a month just does not get the blood boiling. I am appalled at the rate hike by anyone in business for this kind of cost margin.

I am voting to go other lower cost locations on Travis for this summer. That's my decision.

there would be a revolt. $120 to fill my tank...

Gas was $1.08 a gallon this week in 1994. That's almost a 300% increase in the same time frame as WP's 50% increase... Another couple of weeks and it will cost me $120 to fill my tank.

Chris

Gas was $1.08 a gallon this week in 1994. That's almost a 300% increase in the same time frame as WP's 50% increase... Another couple of weeks and it will cost me $120 to fill my tank.

Chris
Comparing the cost to dive at WPP to the cost of a gallon of gasoline is like comparing vacation divers to DIMWITs...there just isn't a comparison to be made. The cost of anything is based on supply and demand. Obviously, the public demand for gasoline allows the oil exporters, importers and refineries to charge what they do for the product they sell. If we stopped buying gasoline the price would drop. That's how the system generally works.

Richard does not have the same advantage. There is nothing, for me anyway, at WPP that I can't get elsewhere for a lesser or equal cost. I can dive just as interesting locations around Lake Travis, if not more so, for less. I don't need his air fills. In fact, I prefer not to fill my tanks there. I can camp at nicer facilities for less money. I can bring my dog if I want to. In fact, the entire scuba community could dive anywhere but WPP and be just as satisfied. Heck, you can even get air fills at Oak Hill Scuba on Sundays and Scubaland is opening a shop just up 620 from 2222 where we can get fills...clean fills too.

Supply and Demand. Richard simply doesn't have a supply of anything that can't be purchased elsewhere for less or equal money or that is of higher quality. ...not even the Vienna Sausages he overcharges for... :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom