Windy Point - Why the Price Increase?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My god, by some of yalls post you would have thought he went up to 100 bucks a day. Its 5 bucks more, still only 15. If 5 bucks is that much money to ya, maybe you should stop diving. Hell it cost 15 bucks to go to the movies.

My god, by some of yalls post you would have thought he went up to 100 bucks a day. Its 5 bucks more, still only 15. If 5 bucks is that much money to ya, maybe you should stop diving. Hell it cost 15 bucks to go to the movies.

OK, let's look at this. How often do you dive at Windy Point Private per month. Then ask us that same question. When you are going out there almost every weekend it adds up. Your statement about it only being $5 is ridiculous. I dive out at the lake about 75 times a year and if I went there every time that would be an addition $375 besides the $750 I would be giving him normally. Now, come back and tell me $1,125 is not that much. :mooner:

Considering you can buy a county park pass for $75, I think Windy Point is cutting its own throat.

I am also an instructor and I too do not have to pay but I do pay, to support Richard, when I am not teaching but only diving.

Layne

I think the intent of the post is the lower cost alternatives available to us. A 50% price increase is significant and extreme to me, unless you are providing me a compelling reason to use the money at this location. I can not agree with this increase or accept it and cannot find a compelling reason to justify it.

By the way, I don't go to the movies, I wait until I can rent it on DVD at home. Fraction of the cost. I think those movie going prices are too high also.

In response to stop diving. Don't think so, but diving economically smarter as the year develops is a new way to think. There are options beyond Windy Point Private, I like to try K-valves suggestion, and I do like the facilities there a whole lot better. I have cut back on my diving and reduced it due to gasoline costs from 14 dives a month to 6. Unfortunate but necessary in the economic conditions of 2008. Just start adding it up. Or do the math.

That's what this post is about, getting away from the familiar diving locations that we were used too prior to a large price increase at Windy Point. $30 a weekend to $45 a weekend for dirt and a picnic table just does not make the best financial sense in the current market to me without some good reason to go. By the time I buy gas, food, water ecetera..........price for single person looks around $100 plus air fills, could be an easy $150 weekend. I do want to know options available and Windy Point Private is not going to be on my pick list in the next couple of months.

Really glad that you and I can disagree about this matter. :D

r,

SO

OK, let's look at this. How often do you dive at Windy Point Private per month. Then ask us that same question. When you are going out there almost every weekend it adds up. Your statement about it only being $5 is ridiculous. I dive out at the lake about 75 times a year and if I went there every time that would be an addition $375 besides the $750 I would be giving him normally. Now, come back and tell me $1,125 is not that much. :mooner:

Considering you can buy a county park pass for $75, I think Windy Point is cutting its own throat.

I am also an instructor and I too do not have to pay but I do pay, to support Richard, when I am not teaching but only diving.

Layne

Sorry im not going to feel sorry for ya. Like I said its 5 bucks get over it. He is still cheaper than any other scuba park I have been to. Most charge 20 and have high air fill fee's, not including other places don't have as much to see. Ill continue to go out to Windy point every chance I have.

good for you. Obviously you are not reading this post. There are several cheaper alternatives and that is what we, those who dive Lake Travis all the time, are saying we will do from now on. You should be glad, we won't be in your way. And, by the way, I was not asking for you to feel sorry for me.... Don't be an ass...

good for you. Obviously you are not reading this post. There are several cheaper alternatives and that is what we, those who dive Lake Travis all the time, are saying we will do from now on. You should be glad, we won't be in your way. And, by the way, I was not asking for you to feel sorry for me.... Don't be an ass...

not trying to be an ass. Ill let this be my last post in here, before I turn into one. :lotsalove:

Have any of the locals that you guys know of voiced the opinions to Richard direct for his input as to the increase??

Gasoline cost have cut into my trips in 08' to Travis way down, and besides I usually go to Mansfield and on occasion WP public.

Now you fellows know how we feel up here/DFW about CCSP/$20 plus a much longer drive for most of us compared to folks in Austin getting to Travis.

But my sport is diving and I will muddle through this somehow.......not hanging up my goggles-flippers....just altering some of my mid mileage trips this year.

It does suck for everyone.

Have any of the locals that you guys know of voiced the opinions to Richard direct for his input as to the increase??

Gasoline cost have cut into my trips in 08' to Travis way down, and besides I usually go to Mansfield and on occasion WP public.

Now you fellows know how we feel up here/DFW about CCSP/$20 plus a much longer drive for most of us compared to folks in Austin getting to Travis.

But my sport is diving and I will muddle through this somehow.......not hanging up my goggles-flippers....just altering some of my mid mileage trips this year.

It does suck for everyone.

So true Alan I have not seen you for a long long time down south here...........

Remember the gasoline thread......... I think it all comes back around to the no gas shortage but fleecing of American's with the increase in gas prices............

Hopefully see you at CSSP in a couple of weeks? :D

r,

SO

So true Alan I have not seen you for a long long time down south here...........

Remember the gasoline thread......... I think it all comes back around to the no gas shortage but fleecing of American's with the increase in gas prices............

Hopefully see you at CSSP in a couple of weeks? :D

r,

SO

I have been down for a few mid-week dips since last fall...but not many. I am planning on doing the LT pontoon/Richard this Sat. afternoon--day trip. I have def. missed not seeing you and diving great Lake Travis as often. I follow all you folks posts and am happy all are safe and having fun in Austin!! :)

Meh ... too much heat in here. New to the ScubaBoard but not new to boards in general. This seems like most others with people getting worked on a few non-insulting statements made on the fly.

I live close to 620 & 2222 and I'm new to diving. Seems ta me that a short drive so I can be around other divers while I'm out there is a plus. As I dive more often and get to know more people then more options will present I'm sure. Having a 19' bass boat will prolly not hurt that process any.

So anyway y'all stop squablin and enjoy what were here for :D and smile cuz your deity of choice loves you. Probably.

BTW ... HELLO!! to all the other Austin divers.

Back
Top Bottom