Windy Point conditions Saturday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubashawn123

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Swampers,

Lot's of divers at the park at Windy point today. The campers had awesome pictures of the storm that blew through last night.

Made 3 dives, still great visibility at least 15 feet above 60, water temperature today read 68 degrees on one of my computers, I actually changed up and put on my wet suit this afternoon for my 3rd dive and I was fine.

Items found by my dive buddies, weights, fossils and a compass. Good treasure hunting day.

Me I found nothing but trash. Oh well, better hunting next time.

See you diving. :D

Shawn

We were out there for the DUI Demo Days. My youngest got to dive with a drysuit and loved it. We got to see and visit with lots of friends, so it was a great afternoon.

I'm heading out there tomorrow to balance out all the DUI guys with some Bare wear. I'll be solo unless Jessica Alba or one of you guys shows up too ... if Jessica's there, don't bother me.

I'm heading out there tomorrow to balance out all the DUI guys with some Bare wear. I'll be solo unless Jessica Alba or one of you guys shows up too ... if Jessica's there, don't bother me.

We have several storms blowing through this morning. Hope you guys are heading out after NOON'ish.........:eyebrow:

See you soon.

Regards,

Shawn O.:no

I had a good time too. Went on two dives and got to see a lot of friends and acquaintances.

I would have stayed longer but my daughter had a play at UT.

I almost forgot to thank Shawn for the video. My son and I watched it this morning. Mack I like the first take from you interview.

I was out on the public side with a class. I made it over to ask the DUI guys a question, but they were busy. Saw lots of familiar faces. Vis was about 30' on the public side. I was supposed to be back out there this afternoon, but it looks like another line of storms is on its way.

I hear Ambulances made their rounds today, anyone have further details?

It was one of our schools open water students. I'm not really in a position to post up what happened. But, I'm sure she is gonna be just fine.

BTW. who moved windy point to the Bahama's. visibility rocked out their this weekend, even after the storm blew in. Saw the biggest cat fish in my life out their, tried to chase it down, but it got away. Lowest water temp I got was at 65 at 80 ft. I wish I would have brought my 3 mill. My 7 was a little much.

Vis was pretty good this morning, but by the time all the new drysuit divers and the UT Open Water class was finished the place was pretty silted up. I'd say vis was in the 10'-15' range early on deteriorating to 5'-8' by 4:00 pm. I spent most of my time today stopping new drysuit diver's uncontrolled ascents...but I did score a really cool hat and t-shirt for all my effort. :D

I was ou there this weekend also and had a great time. Did my open water certification and am now a certified SCUBA Diver. We did our snorkel and 3 dives on saturday and got to do two dives today. I wore a 3mil suit and vest and a hoodie and was more than warm all weekend. Went and ate at the Oasis which was pretty neat.We were camped out and had a interesting night in the storm but it was fun. Just wasnt fun taking the mask off and on in the cold.

It was pretty neat with the catfish also. We were feeding them hotdogs. Some of the cats were upwards of 30lbs (guess, but they were big) and had them eating out of our hands. just wish we could have caught them.

The other two people in my class wussed out adn said it was cold. Was going to get another dive this afternoon but had a long drive and looked like the storm coming in had a lot of lightning so didn't. Was really getting my bouyancy control down and wanted to go explore more.

Going to the Port A jetties next weekend and hopefully spear some fish.

Wish I would have posted before I went so I could have met some of you guys, but plan on being in that part of the country often so I hopefully I can dive with ya'll one day.

Sorry for the long post but I had a great time and am super stoked about being certified.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom