Wilmington, NC - 3/30-4/4 2008?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divin'Papaw

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm going to be vacationing with my family in Myrtle Beach for Spring Break in 2008. I'd really like to get up to Wilmington NC for a day to do some wreck diving. What are my best options for catching a wreck charter sometime between Sunday 3/30 and Friday 4/4?

It's going to be early in the season, so the weekend might be your best bet. AquaticSafaris keeps an always up to date calendar on their website, so it's easy to see where they are running.

Starting a trip (does not cost extra and you get to pick the site) will put it on the schedule and might help to attract some more divers.

Hope that helps-
Rich

I got to dive with Aquatic Safaris, and I had some of the best dives in my life! Their boat is really awesome, and brand new. The Gill, Hyde and Markham were awesome. The Ledges we saw were not so hot.

I can't comment on the boats at Cape Fear, but I would assume the sites they visit are very similar.

Tom

You should definitely check out Scuba Express while your in Myrtle. There's more wrecks here than you would amagine. Scuba Express is a great Ops.

Aquatic Safaris is a great op. Great crew and a good bunch of regulars. I would definitely give Myrtle Beach (Murrell's Inlet) a try as well. Some really cool wrecks out there as well. There is the Hebe and St. Catham (collided and sank together- both are still giving up artifacts), and a bunch of others. The Vermillion is suppose to be really nice for an artificial reef. Let me know if you need a dive buddy, I'm always up for a trip offshore.

Ryan

Aquatic Safaris is a great op. Great crew and a good bunch of regulars. I would definitely give Myrtle Beach (Murrell's Inlet) a try as well. Some really cool wrecks out there as well. There is the Hebe and St. Catham (collided and sank together- both are still giving up artifacts), and a bunch of others. The Vermillion is suppose to be really nice for an artificial reef. Let me know if you need a dive buddy, I'm always up for a trip offshore.

Ryan

Ryan ... I setup a charter with Aquatic Safaris on Mar. 30 to the Normania and Lobster Ledge. I do need a buddy if you're free!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom