Willow Springs Lake.... By Heber

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reef Man

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Friday the 20th I was up on the rim with a couple other divers and we went over to Willow Springs Lake....altitude at 7600 ft.... the water depth is reported to be at 60ft average.... it is by Woods canyon lake....

We did a one tank dive off the shore expecting the water temp to be in the mid to upper 30's but found the temp to be at 50 degrees....not bad!!!

But it was not worth spending the 20 min....getting all geared up....the vis was inches...sometimes we couldn't even see our hands right in front of our faces.... We had a hard time finding 25ft!!!! Let alone getting to 60ft.... near the shore it looks like the vis would be ok...but it was like diving in a green goop!!!!

Blew some bubbles for about 20 min...and got out.... Oh well, It was a dive!!!!

Wow! A couple of years ago, while in Flag, I stopped in at the LDS there and asked them where they do checkouts and they mentioned Willow Springs as one location. We tried to find it, but didn't have much luck. I can't believe they would do checkouts in that!

My goodness.... I hope they have found some place better... May be the lake gets better in the summer???? It was without doubt the worse vis dive I have been on....

Nice looking lake and good fishing....but diving...I will not try it again unless something drastically changes.... :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom