Willemstad curaçao nov 13th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Buglechaser

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am going to be in Willemstad on November 13th of this year, my family and I are cruising through and want to be able to dive the remarkable mushroom forest dive site. However I am having trouble finding an operator that will be able to accommodate us on that certain day. There will be a total of four of us and we are all fairly inexperienced. I have the most experience as an advanced open water diver. I would prefer if the operator was a smaller shop who could give a more personable experience. I dove with a private operator in Belize (did not book through the ship) and it was one of the best dive experiences I have had, and would like something similar. Does anyone have any suggestions for me or know of an outfit that will be able to accommodate me and my family? Thank you for your time

Dive Schedule - Caribbean Sea Sports Curacao

Wednesday

1. Mushroom Forest 60 ft - The Best!
2. Curacao Underwater Park - Nice & easy!

They're 10mins. from the cruise port. Located at the Marriott in Piscadera Bay - it can't be more than 2-3 miles. Your ship most likely docks on the Otrabunda (same) side of the harbor.

Depending on your departure time you should have time to walk across the Swinging Bridge and see the shops on the Punda side also.

What time will your ship dock?

If it's 8am like most do, Mushroom forest is gonna be a tricky one. Because most dive boats will depart 9am or earlier and you will be lucky if you get of the ship around 8.30am.

Most smaller operators don't use boats and specialize in shore diving. Mushroom forest is one of the few dive sites that are almost impossible to do from shore.

I would suggest that you find an alternative dive site. There are many dive sites as good or better than Mushroom forest. Mushroom forest lost a lot of its prettiness over the years.

Good luck!

I agree - Mushroom Forest used to be really cool but it's gotten beat up (whether more by divers or a tropical storm some years back I'm not sure) and not the same anymore. Certainly not remarkable or the best. But the reputation and requests to dive it live on, so the ops oblige. It's fine to dive if you're staying on Curacao and is on the regular rotation of your op, but I would not jump through hoops to get there. So if you can't get there given your cruise ship schedule, which is quite likely, don't lose sleep over it.

I am going to be in Willemstad on November 13th of this year, my family and I are cruising through and want to be able to dive the remarkable mushroom forest dive site. However I am having trouble finding an operator that will be able to accommodate us on that certain day.

Call The Dive Bus to make sure someone will be there and they're open.

You can take a taxi to their shop (maybe 20 minutes away) and do some great shore diving right across the street.

You can get just need tanks and weights, or if you want a DM to go with you, they can do that too.

It's a very nice dive and if you take a taxi over as soon as the ship docks, you can dive there all day and not get bored.

flots

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom