Will You Stand Against the Westboro Church?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sometimes people lose a family member and feel they have nothing left to lose...if the westboro church continues to protest military funerals they will eventually run into one of these people.

Yup, and that person would have played right into WBC's hands. How do you think they fund these things? Its not by donations but by the civil suits they win with people who do cross the line and do what your saying. Thankfully word is getting out NOT to do this stuff, to suck them dry.

As Eric was attest, that part of the state has some "spirited" Florida Crackers who may or may not ignore them. Could be interesting...

Last edited:
Yup, and that person would have played right into WBC's hands. How do you think they fund these things? Its not by donations but by the civil suits they win with people who do cross the line and do what your saying. Thankfully word is getting out NOT to do this stuff, to suck them dry.

I have been aware of their founding and strategy for some time now. I'm not so sure that you understood what I was saying... Someone in emotional distress over losing a family member will eventually snap and become violent with the protesters. It's an emotionally charged issue to begin with, now add the loss of someone close to you... I don't think a person in that state is considering the money... and may not plan on sticking around to need the money anyhow. Not much time has passed since this guy died, it hasn't even been a week, so people are still very upset.

I am honestly waiting till they step on someones toes who doesnt have money and has lost their mind over the loss of a loved one. Its just a matter of time before some one does retaliate and for the members of the group hoping to get money will end up being the stars of their own funeral. They do this thinking they can get people to pay up but if they read the bible themself they would know it clearly states the love of money is the root of all evil.

I dont wish pain or death on no one but the truth is the truth that some people out their who lost their loved ones just wont be in their right mind and would be capable of some pretty serious damage. Its known in the legal system as not guilty by reason of insanity. And what good would a lawsuit do them? Those would survive would get nothing from someone who owns nothing and those who pass will win nothing either way.

I really wish they would stop before some one does eventually turn violent.

I would be interested to know if state or local police departments have the right to charge them for the extra security required. :idk:

I am honestly waiting till they step on someones toes who doesnt have money and has lost their mind over the loss of a loved one. Its just a matter of time before some one does retaliate and for the members of the group hoping to get money will end up being the stars of their own funeral. They do this thinking they can get people to pay up but if they read the bible themself they would know it clearly states the love of money is the root of all evil.

I dont wish pain or death on no one but the truth is the truth that some people out their who lost their loved ones just wont be in their right mind and would be capable of some pretty serious damage. Its known in the legal system as not guilty by reason of insanity. And what good would a lawsuit do them? Those would survive would get nothing from someone who owns nothing and those who pass will win nothing either way.

I really wish they would stop before some one does eventually turn violent.

I don't wish violence on them either, I just figure it's going to happen sooner or later. I am pretty shocked that it hasn't happen yet...shocked in a hopeful for the future of humanity kind of way.

I am not a lawyer.

The right to free speech does not give one the right to shout fire in a theatre. Nor should it give someone the right to harass, stalk or slander somebody. Just my opinion.

Well this is where I differ with some of you. As the father of a son on his third tour in Afghanistan I do hope that they, WBC, meet death soon. That is the only thing that will shut them up. No one wants their son or daughter to die. And when it happens they deserve to not have to see trash like WBC mocking the loved ones sacrifice. ANYTHING that prevents that from happening is a good thing. When a local soldier for a small town here died they came to protest. The state police and the town shut down the only ways into the small town. For the safety of the WBC. It was no secret that had they made it far enough for the family to see them it would not have been pretty. And I doubt one witness could have been found. Kinda like a shooting in the projects on a hot summer night. Nobody saw nothing, a lack of eyewitnesses would have been cited.

I find it odd that the Group (I refuse to associate them with God) and believes that they have all this power and devine over site that will protect them yet they seemed to be smart enough not to show up in Joplin. I mean again I dont wish death on anyone but that would have been a rather interesting site had they have shown up there after the tornado destroyed the town and set record breaking deaths.

This only leads me to believe they themselves do not believe they are ordained to do this and know what they are doing is wrong.

Well this is where I differ with some of you. As the father of a son on his third tour in Afghanistan I do hope that they, WBC, meet death soon. That is the only thing that will shut them up. No one wants their son or daughter to die. And when it happens they deserve to not have to see trash like WBC mocking the loved ones sacrifice. ANYTHING that prevents that from happening is a good thing. When a local soldier for a small town here died they came to protest. The state police and the town shut down the only ways into the small town. For the safety of the WBC. It was no secret that had they made it far enough for the family to see them it would not have been pretty. And I doubt one witness could have been found. Kinda like a shooting in the projects on a hot summer night. Nobody saw nothing, a lack of eyewitnesses would have been cited.

Case in point, no charges were leveled against Buzz Aldrin last year after he decked a anti-Apollo consperatist who had been publically stalking him for years...

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom