Will You Stand Against the Westboro Church?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

Edmund Burke

Here, here! :cheers: It needed repeating.

Sorry to say, but America's becoming a really scary place. I didn't think it was possible to have such a lack of education in a developed country.

First off, I do NOT support in any way, shape or fathom what the WBC is saying there. But, I do have to support that they do have the freedom and right to do so. Like it or hate them, they do have the right to protest.

Though, if I may suggest, find out where they are staying and stay at the same place, and park nice and close, and legal like, and to save money, just carpool on over. Also, if no one has contacted the Patriot Guard, someone may wish to do so.

As for dealing with them, I suggest looking at what Mississippi did with them in April.

They have the right to protest.... I have to question this. Con Law was summed up to me once as "The right to wildly swing your arms stops exactly where my nose begins." Driving to the site of a soliders funeral and yelling crap like Thank God For IED's and That is what he Gets .. Glad he is Dead.. Kill more Soliders... is well beyond the nose of this family seeking to peacefully assemble and have the liberty of a tranquil funeral for their dead hero son.

Sometimes people lose a family member and feel they have nothing left to lose...if the westboro church continues to protest military funerals they will eventually run into one of these people.

They have the right to protest.... I have to question this. Con Law was summed up to me once as "The right to wildly swing your arms stops exactly where my nose begins." Driving to the site of a soliders funeral and yelling crap like Thank God For IED's and That is what he Gets .. Glad he is Dead.. Kill more Soliders... is well beyond the nose of this family seeking to peacefully assemble and have the liberty of a tranquil funeral for their dead hero son.

This was actually brought up to SCOTUS and in an 8-1 decision declared their protests ARE covered by the 1st Amendment. And Con Law is more entailed than that. And the fact the conservatives for the most part joined with the liberals on this lends great credence that it IS lawful for them to protest and unconstitutional for you to try and ban them.

If you feel so strongly against them, protest against them or head up to Ft. Pierce and help with keeping those idiots away.

And they DO have the right to protest. People get emotional because the victims are soldiers who died in service to their country. It's easy to defend a person's right to protest when they are protesting something you agree with, or understand. You know your rights are secure when its the unpopular view that is protected, for some day something you view passionately about MAY turn out to be less than desirable.

Nope.

The WBC have every right to protest anything they desire.

The best advice is to let them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom