Will there be diving in the Philippines this summer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you have a residential visa, not clear yet on what types of visas this covers, you will be allowed to return after 1 Aug subject to having pre-booked test and quarantine facility. Also this will be subject to priority being given to Filipinos returning so you can get bumped. (I know of a guy had to wait in Singapore 63 days to be allowed to return and he was married to a local.)

However I have a residential of visa and on my last trip back from Canada the airline was going to deny me boarding in Vancouver because I did not have an onward ticket (required for tourists). I would not expect airline check in staff to be fully conversant with the different allowed visa types.

From the advisory:
TRAVEL TO THE PHILIPPINES – (International flights from other countries)

Only the following are allowed to travel to the Philippines at present:

- Filipino citizens, including their spouses and children who may be foreign citizens

(If the foreign citizen spouse is traveling alone, proof of marriage must be presented.)

- Foreign diplomats and officials of international organizations accredited to the Philippines.

- Uniformed personnel for official business, especially those transporting medical supplies, laboratory specimens, related to COVID-19, and other humanitarian assistance

(Note: These rules are expected to be revised on August 1, 2020 to allow some foreign citizens to enter under certain conditions. We shall update accordingly.)

Furthermore, it has been reported on local news that Permanent Resident Visa holders are likely to be allowed into the country beginning Aug 1. But we'll have to wait and see what really gets implemented...

See you on Christmas. Merry Chrisrmas! o_O

Are many of the Asian Airlines still flying from NYC to Manila?

Arrivals in Manila today....

upload_2020-7-22_19-46-28.png

Are many of the Asian Airlines still flying from NYC to Manila?

Back
Top Bottom