Will cutting my hair make a difference?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ah... of course.... for hair extensions and wigs.

Doesn't it seem odd, though, to cut off your hair so someone else can put it on their head to feel more beautiful?

R..

Ah... of course.... for hair extensions and wigs.

Doesn't it seem odd, though, to cut off your hair so someone else can put it on their head to feel more beautiful?

R..
It's used for people going through chemotherapy.

It's used for people going through chemotherapy.

Lots of other things too; but medical needs, not just pure vanity. I actually think one problem a lot of people have with Locks of Love is that the wigs -rarely- go to cancer patients (alopecia is the most common reason; cancer is not seen as permanent hair loss, so they get synthetic wigs). My problem is that the don't make very many wigs and sell most of the hair.

Last edited:
that and the wigs with the artificial hair are much much cheaper and easier to take care of... a couple of hundred vs over a thousand dollars. mom is going thru chemo right now.

with long hair it's less how long it is overall but how long your bangs are that tends to matter -- mine used to get caught under the mask all the time when i had long hair - but now i keep it more of a crew cut so it's a moot point with me except for beard stubble causing leak points.

with long hair it's less how long it is overall but how long your bangs are that tends to matter -- mine used to get caught under the mask all the time when i had long hair - but now i keep it more of a crew cut so it's a moot point with me except for beard stubble causing leak points.

No bangs here. And no stubble, thank goodness.

If it was long and you get it cut short it removes one way to do a tired swimmer tow. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom