"Why You Should Go to Mexico"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There was another case, 4 mainland drug people who got killed on the island a few years ago. One of the BA DMs told me that it happened in his hood. There was a thread on it here then but someone got it deleted completely. Hate it when that happens.

Overall tho, it is a low murder rate compared to the states, lower yet when you factor out the drug targets, and almost nonexistent for tourists. I never heard the outcome on the cruise boat worker who got killed there last year.

Actually the cruise worker who was murdered happened Feb 4th, 2011, and an employee of the Barrucuda confessed a week later after undergoing enhanced interrogation techniques for 24 hours.

As a reference to all tourist deaths in Mexico, there is this page..

Spring break - Nolan Webster break - Spring Cancun Mexico

The 4 mainland drug deaths occured in 2009. While I consider the island to be safe, my GF won't go anywhere in Mexico. its a constant battle.

This thread demonstrates there is sh*t going on all over Mexico, and there is stuff happening and happened in Cozumel, and no hidey-hole is "safe" only different shades of relative safety. Is Cozumel comparible to a border town in danger? No. But it's not a refuge either, especially if you consider things can change at any time, all it takes is circumstances to be effected and suddenly you've got a nightmare on your hands. The danger on Cozumel in my opinion is relatively low, however trying to paint it as carefree to me is naive or wishful thinking that could end up being somebodies famous last words.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom