Why was I censored?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yeah the infamous scubaboard politically overzealous fun police strike again...there are no set standards all the mods adhere to uniformly. it all centers around ego and personal agendas.

I'm fine with a moderator deleting a post or thread that brakes the rules, but to change what someone else wrote and leave the original author's name in place is akin to forgery - The reader (like myself for example - I was following that thread) doesn't know he/she is reading something that is NOT what the author wrote.

I'm not anti-moderator or anti-censorship. I think moderators are necessary and I agree that often a post or thread needs to be deleted to preserve the community. However, if I read a post signed by ChrisM, I expect to be reading what ChrisM wrote - not an unauthorizsed revision.

If a moderator edits my words I want a disclaimer added to my post that reads "This isn't what Ben originally wrote. This is a moderator's revision based on something Ben wrote. Changes were made without the author's consent."

-Ben M.

As it said: edited by NetDoc.

The magic of ScubaBoard is in it's moderation. People should not feel that they can be attacked at any moment. However, there are many forums out there and if this one does not suit you, then by all means find one that will.

Moderators, and even the owner can and will make mistakes. When we do, we apologise (as I did). That this is the largest Scuba related forum also makes it the most difficult to keep fun and fair. We do our best, but as usual no good deed goes unpunished.

Back
Top Bottom