Why such a hassle to get Nitrox in MA?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Soggy:
What the heck tables are you using?
Man, I didn't even think to check his numbers. Assuming you're right, it's an even sillier mix than I supposed.

Soggy:
Just think, with an advanced nitrox card, you could get Nitrox 45% at 70ft and have an EAD of 39 ft giving you 130 minutes of time! :)
Yeah, that would be wicked sweet! Of course, then I'd have to get my doubles O2 cleaned... nevermind, I'll just go back to breathing out of a weighted trash bag. It's more economical. :wink:

For those of you lucky enough to follow this thread, one final update...

I am a happy camper now. The service I got today at Mass Diving completely blew me away exceeding all my expectations by far. :D

Mark, the owner, did the blending for me. No muss, no fuzz - he only asked me how much I needed and what was in the tanks. No other questions, no unnecessary poses. He punched the numbers in his spreadsheet and off we went. His banks had a little over 40% mix, so he could confidently do any mix up to 40%. Whatever silly mix my sick mind would dream up, he would deliver without a hitch. Just to be on the safe side, I asked him to make sure the tanks were topped off. "Have I ever given you a bad fill?" he replied with pride. This was all the reassurance I need. While I waited for the fills, Mark's assistant ran my credit card through. Great – another time saver, I thought.

Twenty minutes or so later the tanks were all filled up and I was wrapping up the Nitrox handoff ritual. While I was signing the logbook, Mark affixed his neatly printed content labels stating my name, the mix, the MOD, the date of fill, the tank's serial number. I had the store’s dolly handy for the tanks. Before I could protest, he loaded the tanks on the dolly for me. :D As we parted, he wished me pleasant diving - a little gesture which made my day. :D

Back at home, I re-analyzed the mixes. Both were dead on. Also, to my (pleasant) surprise, the fills were actually very good. Efficient, professional, courteous service which exceeded my expectations in every department. I was in and out in half an hour. I must say, I've never been treated this well before. Now, this I call raising the bar! Way to go, Mass Diving! :D

Whatever these guys charge for their Nitrox fills is worth every penny. The one and only store which does it right when it comes to Nitrox fills. My hopes are still high for PG and their future Nitrox program. But until then, I will be taking the trip West for my EAN fills.

I am a happy camper now.
sounds like a bad scene from scuba-back mountain

glad you have finally found some closure to your quest. So if you take your first post and the last and merge them and come up with a list of who pumps what, it may serve as a valuable piece of information for new and existing members. Of course the rest of the threads just add some comical value.

I live very close to Mass Diving and find their service to be very good and the staff knowledgeable but this thread is about nitrox prices and I would rather lump my own tanks to my car and have the price be cheaper than $15/ tank for my 130’s but it is what it is.

I don't get tanks filled, but I have always had good service from Mass Diving too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom