Why So Shy in the Panhandle?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was planning a dive trip to the panhandle next spring. Is it worthwhile making the trek from 4 states away? Sounds disappointing from the tone of this thread. How is the shore diving if charters are tough to join?

Thanks

Charters aren't hard. You just have to deal with the fact you aren't diving the keys and these aren't luxury boats.

Whether it's worth it is up to you, what you want to see, and what you are used to. Personally, I am on a dive to the Oriskany next weekend. And I am very pleased to be going. I may try to get on the Empire Mica before the season is out. Depending on funds, I may take one other offshore trip. Or I may pack it in for the season and just take some much needed classes.

It's gonna be cold in the spring, so be ready for that.

jviehe:
Supply and demand. The boats will go wherever people pay them to go and they can make a profit off of. Its a business. Also, you have to have a special CG license to go beyond a certain range and most boats dont, again, because of lower demand. Most divers dive less than 60ft.

I have the lowest USGC offshore passenger vessel operators license (operator of uninspected passenger vessels commonly known as a 6 pack) and it allowes me to operate 100 miles offshore anywhere in the US.

Bug Man !!!

You should have placed a comma between your excalmatory clause and the person addressed! Also, weren't you taught to capitalize a proper name????

Shame, shame on you!!!

the K

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom