Why so difficult?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Way to wake up a four year old thread! :thumb:

Just goes to show some things never change.

I dunno if this helps. I used to run motorcycle events and got pretty hard nosed in the end. The following was standard formula

PAYMENT FOR TRACK DAY

PLEASE NOTE ALL PAYMENTS ARE NON REFUNDABLE BUT ARE TRANSFERABLE
If you can't make it the responsibility is YOURS to fill your spot
PAYMENT TO XXXX bank ACC NUMBER XXX XXXX XXXXXXX
DONT FORGET TO USE YOUR NAME OR NICKNAME AS A REFERENCE

PAYMENT SCHEDULE
1) PAYMENT IN FULL /UP FRONT $100.00
2)PAYMENT OF A $50 DEPOSIT AND $50.00 BALANCE PAID 28 DAYS BEFORE THE DAY (TOTAL $100)
3)PAYMENT OF A $50 DEPOSIT BALANCE PAID WITHIN 28 DAYS OF EVENT OR ON THE DAY $70.00 (TOTAL $120.00)
NO ENTRY ON THE DAY

Below is the confirmed attending list please check your name is on it.
IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE YOU ARE ON THE CONFIRMED ATTENDING LIST

Confirmed attending -paid in FULL

CONFIRMED ATTENDING $50 DEPOSIT.

The ultimate answer to the question is that within our dynamic and everchanging society our individual lives are as equally dynamic and changing.

the K

When I first started running trips I did the 'easy going' thing as well. The first trip was an utter disaster. I had 12 people committed to go. On the day we actually left, there were four of us. I heard every excuse in the book. "I have to pay my car insurance this month so I'm broke." "I'm not going if she's not going." "I'm not going if he's going." Sick. Sick husband. Sick cat. Sick house. Sick car.
<snip>
The ones that wrote me checks were the ones that really wanted to go. They made great travel companions.
<snip>
I realize this approach may seem harsh, but it works. You want to weed out the fence-sitters and get a solid group together.

experience tells me this post is spot on.

Always send out clear terms and conditions and get full payment in advance!

I have gone on a number of trips to the Caribbean and Central America myself, as well as boat trips off of New Jersey, I go myself and let the DM buddy me up with who ever is also on the trip alone. yeh its a chance I take, but then I know I'm going diving and not dependent upon someone backing out at the last minute, often the DM is my buddy. Originally, I got certified in San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua. I had gone there alone, to go surfing and to learn to dive 'cause all my good buddies who were supposed to go along canceled. Now I usually tell people I am going and if you want to go along, you have to ask me.

I am not new to this board but I still just don't know how people find a 4 year old thread and answer it like someone just asked it. I mean reading it from when Divemasterdennis started didn't even skip a beat yet is was 3+years later.

For the record it does not bother me one bit to see an old thread I was just wondering.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom