Why PADI do support for them?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I understanding! But there are some robbers that ripped me off. And those robbers are PADI certified.

Are you sure that instructor you had was certified to teach you full Nitrox course? Have you checked his instructor card? What is his professional number?

I've had 4 PADI instructors and current 5th one. I have records of their PADI professional numbers. Their number was given to and told (in the first class of OW) that we should check if someone is a PADI instructor or not.

Nitrox class is $99 or so. While not cheap it is not the most expensive thing in diving. At minimum you've learned a lesson to check if someone really is PADI instructor and to check what really has to be covered to get specific cert. And if any of the above can't be verified there is a red flag for you.

Who keeps copies of knowledge reviews and tests? I don't think I have ever even been given copies in any course I have ever taken. I would think a receipt showing you paid for the course and a copy of the temporary card should be sufficient.

No, the dive shop kept all my reviews and tests in my folder in their records. I did not get to keep any of those.

Ken

I always recommended that students make copies of their completed KR's and just leave the originals in the book for future reference. I never liked how PADI did their KR's. Whats the point if you don't have anything to go back and review if needed?

I understanding! But there are some robbers that ripped me off. And those robbers are PADI certified.

What has "padi certified" got to do with it? The guy that murdered his wife a while ago was PADI certified - are they to blame for that too? The instructors might also be CMAS, SSI or any other certified as well - does that mean these agencies are to blame?

You seem unable to make the differentiation between agency, instructor and dive centre.

PADI is a diving agency. It does NOT teach courses.

You failed to complete the required standards to qualify for a nitrox certification under that agency. That is an issue between you and the dive centre and nothing to do with the agency.

You could try complaing to the CDWS or one of the other completely useless egyptian bodies but i doubt it would get you anything.

I payed 100 euros with no book (I was told that for this "special" price there will be only copies - they gave me copies of the book)!

I didn' t ask to instructor's certification as I went to a diving center in a big hotel and I trusted them.

Another (egyptian) situation:

In a Padi 5 stars diving center in Egypt they asked me to buy the divemaster materials in their store per 400 euros (400 EUROS!) and then they didn't acepted materials I buyed by internet from a british store per 100 gbp. I was told that will be new materials (it was absolutly not true and the materials I buyed were completly actuals on the time).

Also they wanted me to get a profissional DAN insurance. For whats? For working for free like one idiot that pay for the course (they wanted 600 euros) pay for the materials (they wanted 400 euros), and working with their guests for free.

You want that I copy/paste here emails that this very Padi 5 stars egyptian diving center sent to me? I may!

Earlier you said that PADI told you that they could not give you a certification card because the shop says you did not take the course. We all said that it looks like they were right--you did not take the course.

You were also told that if the shop committed fraud, as you seem to be saying it is, then you should tell PADI that the shop committed fraud and provide evidence of that to PADI. If they lied to you and you can prove it, then PADI can act against them. But that action will not help you. All PADI can do is take away their PADI status.

If the shop committed fraud against you, then you need to take legal action against the shop. If a local store cheats me when they sell me tires, I go to the police and take action against the shop. I don't just go on the Internet and talk about the company that made the tires.

This is sounding like a TROLL more and more with every post.

Time to put this one to bed!!

Who keeps copies of knowledge reviews and tests? I don't think I have ever even been given copies in any course I have ever taken. I would think a receipt showing you paid for the course and a copy of the temporary card should be sufficient.

If you paid for the course with a credit card, you may also want to try disputing the charges. I have no idea if it would work, but it's worth a shot.

I'm not an instructor... but I've taken a few courses and am Nitrox certified.

You should have the book with the Knowledge Reviews in it. Standard is to make copies to turn in. As for the test....yea, nobody keeps that except the shop.

Now, lastly..... and not to be mean... but Nitrox is a "paper" only course. No dives are required to earn the certification. Optional dives are available... but not required. The "skill" for Nitrox would be checking your tank and then breathing underwater. Checking your tank is something you would do in class (with a meter).... so why make you do a dive?

It's possible that what the dive center did was a local class that covered the bases for diving safely with Nitrox but not certifying you. If the dive site was limited in depth and you were under supervision this would be a possibility. The primary danger with Nitrox is going too deep for your mix and having Oxygen Toxicity which results in convulsions. Convulsions underwater are contraindicated to living to tell about it. Again, I'm certified but not an instructor, so someone else might correct me if I've mis-spoken. Take that with a grain of salt.

You would have been trained on the Nitrox 32 and 36 tables and would have a set of RDPs for Nitrox.

So....
- did you get a green book about Nitrox from Padi?
- Did you learn to check the tank with a meter?
- Did you learn to use the Nitrox (or EAN) 32 /36 RDP?
- Did you take a PADI test and turn in copies of your Knowledge Reviews?

If yes then you probably took the PADI course.... if not then you took some other derivative and should consider going ahead and getting your cert. The class is reasonably easy, takes about 1 evening, and isn't that expensive from most dive shops. It builds on what you learned in OW.

Earlier you said that PADI told you that they could not give you a certification card because the shop says you did not take the course. We all said that it looks like they were right--you did not take the course.

You were also told that if the shop committed fraud, as you seem to be saying it is, then you should tell PADI that the shop committed fraud and provide evidence of that to PADI. If they lied to you and you can prove it, then PADI can act against them. But that action will not help you. All PADI can do is take away their PADI status.

If the shop committed fraud against you, then you need to take legal action against the shop. If a local store cheats me when they sell me tires, I go to the police and take action against the shop. I don't just go on the Internet and talk about the company that made the tires.

For your question I have only one awnser:

1 - I gave all evidences to PADI: copies of temporary card, receipt and logbook.

2 - Will be very dificult to take legal action from Portugal agstain egyptians, but will be easy to vote on politic parties that propose to block all emigrants from reaching european area.

Probably it going to happend even if me, personaly, I don't going to vote - I think - on this politic goups.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom